Interesting 2013 E63 (M157)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jukie

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
MY11 E350 CDi Avantgarde
MY13 E63

I'm guessing it was built right on the point of the face lift. Clearly the pre-face lift shell but it has the face lift gear selector and COMAND display.

It has distronic too but not listed in the advert. I like the colour.

Does anyone know anything about the selling company, Orchard Motor Group in Birmingham?

Nice colour, not particularly high spec, low mileage and seems reasonable price.
But I'd hold out for the facelift as I think they look far nicer.
No idea on the seller

I'm guessing it was built right on the point of the face lift. Clearly the pre-face lift shell but it has the face lift gear selector and COMAND display.
There are a few pre-facelift E63 Biturbos with good spec on them like that one. Many were registered to Mercedes-Benz in Milton-Keynes, as was my 12-plate Biturbo PPP car.

That one definitely has the Dynamic Multi-Contour seats (probably the best car seats I've ever had) and the Distronic Plus grille. If you're lucky it may have the full Driving Assistance Package, but even zooming in I couldn't see the telltale triangles on the door mirrors, so maybe not.

Don't know anything about the dealer, sorry.

Nice colour, not particularly high spec, low mileage and seems reasonable price.
But I'd hold out for the facelift as I think they look far nicer.
No idea on the seller

Out of interest/curiosity, what would you consider a decent/high spec?

Out of interest/curiosity, what would you consider a decent/high spec?

I would have to include 360 camera, split /folding rear seats, electric rear and side blinds and electric boot closing aid in a high spec.
The fact the one above has distronic and dynamic multi contour seats does give it a good start.

So what's different about the dash? The images of the car in the OP aren't great internally but there is no clock on the dash and as far as I can see the gear selector seems to be the same pre and post facelift. So what am I missing?

So what's different about the dash? The images of the car in the OP aren't great internally but there is no clock on the dash and as far as I can see the gear selector seems to be the same pre and post facelift. So what am I missing?

Autotrader has the dash photo which is certainly different to the facelift one.
The facelift version has the IWC clock above the heater controls and a different fuel gauge.

That's what I mean - it seems to have the pre facelift dash, as you would expect. So are there elements of the post facelift car in there too?

That's what I mean - it seems to have the pre facelift dash, as you would expect. So are there elements of the post facelift car in there too?

The 7" COMAND screen is face lift.

ok. I'm not convinced the screen on the grey car looks more like the post than the pre screens in other listings but it not that easy to see.
I imagine there must be some crossover at some point.

The advert is incorrect in describing it as a facelift car. It’s a pre-facelift car with no oddities that I can see.

Pre-facelift cars all have the “five tube” instrument cluster, with the clock to the left of the speedo. All facelift cars have the “three tube” instrument cluster with an IWC clock between the centre air vents.

The “hockey stick” gear selector was only used on the M156 engined cars. All M157 engined E63 cars (pre-facelift and facelift) have the selector that’s on that example. The COMAND system would normally have had the amber/black colour scheme, but I'm lead to believe that you can code them for the later grey/black colour scheme, so that’s my guess as to what's happened with that car.

From memory the pre-facelift cars didn’t have a powered boot lid close option, and without seeing a shot from inside the boot I can’t tell if that car has the split/fold rear seats or not.

The early service history has sub one year intervals between a couple of them. Maybe that coincided with changes of ownership? Of more significance is the two year gap between the last and last but one services. I'd want to know why.

Lastly, regarding the dealer (who clearly doesn’t know much about E63's): I know it’s a minor thing, but why on earth take photos of the front of the car to use in an advert with the star cocked to one side?

Theres a few bi turbo pre facelift E63's for sale, love the pre facelift looks super aggressive thats why I bought one looked at a load of faclifts but they don't really do it for me, dealer has listed high spec but I mean all sellers put high spec, my E63 has over 24 thousand pounds in optional extras on the spec sheet 😀

They're high spec as standard; most of the extras are just toys that a competent driver doesn't need...

The pre-facelift 212 was the last E-class that looked like a real Mercedes; the 211 was the last that had an interior like a real Mercedes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom