Interesting C43

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ah the Birds Conversion C43 up for sale once again! It hasn't gained too many miles, either
It needs a proper grill and the boot spoiler removed, though! :crazy:

Darren

Last edited:
Halfords pedals? I love the wheels though, Carlsson's?

Headrests look like fabric rather than rubber?

Last edited:
I've no idea if this will attract a lot of criticism but......

If you drive everywhere at the speed limit why would you need to supercharge an already fast motor? :confused:
He should have bought a nice C180 and stuck some AMG wheels and badges on it!

£16,000, is he off his trolley?????!!!!!

I'll give him £1,600!!!!!!!! :D

EDIT: Actually I won't, I don't want one!

TBH I still have a problem with the two tone white and black interior.

Seamster - what don't you like about it?

I think it adds something special to the 43 interior - looks better in the flesh than in photos... but agree it can be perceived to be garish (once an AA man who came out for something or other thought I was a pimp!:D )

Ah the Birds Conversion C43 up for sale once again! It hasn't gained too many miles, either
It needs a proper grill and the boot spoiler removed, though! :crazy:

Darren

Mein gott! I agree - Look at that grill! That spoiler! YUK

Could he have fitted anything ELSE into the dash BTW? 4 separate units incl AC.

Seamster - what don't you like about it?

I think it adds something special to the 43 interior - looks better in the flesh than in photos... but agree it can be perceived to be garish (once an AA man who came out for something or other thought I was a pimp!:D )

Just my preference, I like the interior to be a single colour and perhaps the two tone or designo interiors may date the look of the car a bit quicker.

Just my preference.

Simon

If you drive everywhere at the speed limit why would you need to supercharge an already fast motor? :confused:
Because it can be done..... if you have the money and time available of course,..... why add a turbo or any other performance upgrade... for the sheer brute force :devil:

He should have bought a nice C180 and stuck some AMG wheels and badges on it!
Now the AMG wheels I can agree with, but sticking AMG on a C180 looks just plain stupid.

Mind you I did see a famous SLK 500 AMG today :rolleyes:

Would have been much nicer just leaving it standard as a low mileage C43.
I think he would be lucky to get half of his asking price.

TBH I still have a problem with the two tone white and black interior.
I seem to remember reading in another thread that there was a C43 interior combo of light grey/silver and black that often appears black and white in photos and looks much better in the flesh - might be the case here.

Shouldnt the steering wheel be two-tone aswell?

Despite the AMG-esque 2-tone leather, the interior isn't an AMG/a Mercedes leather.

On the C43, the silver is a slightly different pattern to that issued at the factory. It's purely the seat centres which are silver leather, whereas the silver is factory interior has "wings" of silver stretching to the base and back bolsters.
Seeing as this was a Birds Auto conversion, I would guess they did the interior too, hence the monotone coloured steering wheel.

Also note, the standard interior doesn't have silver door cards, where as this particular example does.

Standard C43 two tone:
media.jpg

media1.jpg

The C43 under discussion:
683456-4.jpg

683456-5.jpg

Darren

I prefer the two tone steering wheel. Its nice and the SC will give it some really grunt. However aren't the gearboxes on those quite weak allegedly, and struggle with the "normal" engine. I hope some work was done on the autobox as thats a lot of power going through it.

I like the para about fuel economy :D

Hope it's not poor form to join this thread as the vendor?

To answer some of the questions that have been raised:

- They are covers on the front head rests - which hide the monitors which have been fitted to them.

- I haven't made any modifications to the car. I sympathise with some of the comments made - I wouldn't have chosen a rear spoiler either, but thought it better to leave alone than to remove it.

- I believe the interior is factory fit - although I could be mistaken. If it has been fitted retrospectively, then I've never seen a job as tidy.

- Why own a car like this if I don't drive quickly? I have a passion for cars that are out of the ordinary. I was actually looking for a B10 v8s when I found this.

Hope you enjoy looking at the car even if it's not for you.

You should consider dropping the price if you want to sell quicker?

Fair enough its an individual car, however C55 AMG's (W203) can be had for the £18k mark...Just something to think about.

Very nice car overall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom