Interesting car.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tim203

Sorry if this is in the wrong section or indeed there is already a thread but couldn't make the search engine work for me so please mods move/ delete as appropriate . Lastly apologies for anyone's privacy I might have invaded snapping these pictures but thought they were worth sharing.

image-3773539701.jpg

image-206211981.jpg

This convertible beauty jumped out at me whilst working away. Looked truly amazing in the flesh. Perhaps someone better informed could tell me what model it is.

Article%20-%20600%20Landaulet%2005%20A.jpg

TYPICAL OWNER

The Mercedes-Benz Club of the A.C.T. Inc

I've just remembered we made an exhaust for a 600 Pullman in the nineties from rusty patterns. We thought we had been sent 2 systems it was so long! The reason for the mention was the quality of materials and construction. The tube work had 3mm wall thickness!

These cars were genuinely built with a money no object mentality. Much of the switch gear runs on a pressure system (pneumatic I think) and something quite simple like a window switch can be an eye watering sum of money.

The problem with that means you require a money no object income to be able to keep one.

Alternatively, the country over which you rule with a rod of iron pays for it.

Think of it like a 1960's road going space shuttle with similar running costs.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom