Interesting E36 W210

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Looks pretty decent. Is that a realistic price for a 1996, notwithstanding the options?

I'd say it's a fair price to be honest. - Still a lot of car for the money and not too many of those about - Noticed that sellers says no M.O.T - I'd be inclined to see a clean ticket before I handed over any ££ tho'

The 210 is an unloved AMG but with a bit of care and time on it, could be an appreciating classic. - Prices at the moment are on the floor.

I agree about prices being on the floor. I was thinking of actually scrapping my 2002 E240 V6 Avantgarde! Still runs like a dream, silky smooth with only 70k miles but I just don't see the point in restoring the bodywork with the dreaded rust issues these cars have!

The 210 is an unloved AMG but with a bit of care and time on it, could be an appreciating classic. - Prices at the moment are on the floor.

Thats not helped by it being the slowest AMG ever made(?) lugging around the W210 Shell. I bet it would struggle agaist modern CDI Mercs

Not hard at all since is the same engine but the ECU might not work

Thats not helped by it being the slowest AMG ever made(?) lugging around the W210 Shell. I bet it would struggle agaist modern CDI Mercs

I think 5th Gear (Tiff etc) did that test? And it did struggle from memory ..

It's not about speed with an old bus like that. IMHO it will be a desirable car in the future as numbers are limited. As long as it doesn't rot to death!!!!
The 3.6 is a really fun engine

It's a rare enough car now, that alone has appeal. A genuine AMG model too and a nice six pot under the bonnet.

Also c.280BHP was not to be sniffed at in '96, especially for a sub 4.0l N/a engine. Considering too the E50 wasn't available in R/H/D and it was a few years before the E55 was available I think it was a good compromise if wanting a bit more poke and better handling than an E320.

Really, there's nothing not to like.

how easy/difficult would be to transplant that engine and gearbox into e320? keeping in mind it uses older 4-speed autobox 722.3?

Very easy with that car, as it has the old style key.

It is cheap ... Surprised it's not gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom