Interesting events of the night.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

davidjpowell

MB Enthusiast
Car
E350 w212 and Ford Ranger
Away at present in a caravan site in Devon.

Woken up at 3am this morning by banging on the caravan and lights shining on the window. Looking out could see someone opening the teenagers bedroom window from the outside telling them to open the door.

Swiftly got up to find 6 police officers trouping in, wanting my step-son and mate. Eventually the security bloke decided it was not them he wanted after all and they went on their way, 3 cars and one van.

Sleep hard to condition by afterwards.

After I wet to reception I am told that there was a serious assault and that they dud not know the kids names. Still not sure why they chose our van, as their must be a fair few teenagers. They did know the names in any vase as I was shown them by an officer - he had them in his notebook.r

Told that they got the kids, but we were not the only innocents disturbed

I'm not sure whether to be annoyed or not. It's wrecked my day as knackered, but if they need to find them...

Pretty cheeses off with the site though. Not an apology in sight , and some of what they said this morning direct,y contradicts the events.

Dont know what to say David. Glad you were not camping instead of caravaning.
Perhaps its time for a different coloured caravan. To set you apart from the others.
Job Black Rat could perhaps help us with "An Englishman's Home Is Not His Caravan" angle on stuff.
Hopefully you will have a quieter night tonight. You should at least have some feedback from the site.
Opening a window from the outside - Is that legit, I'm thinking not.

It was quite a shock at the time.

Cops on the whole seemed to be playing out keystone 101 aided by security. Normally quite supportive, but waking up a range if families at that time just seems out of order.

Still I suppose to a degree it depends on what the assault was.

Just glad the daughter somehow slept through it.

I'm not sure whether to be annoyed or not. It's wrecked my day as knackered, but if they need to find them...

Pretty cheeses off with the site though. Not an apology in sight , and some of what they said this morning direct,y contradicts the events.

Just let it go and don't let it ruin your holiday pal.

Ps is there something the matter with your keyboard? There's a few random letters scattered amongst your post.:dk:

Just let it go and don't let it ruin your holiday pal.

Ps is there something the matter with your keyboard? There's a few random letters scattered amongst your post.:dk:

Probably on his iphone. I get wierd stuff from my lad when he texts me. Predictive or something.

Dave

Chill out. It's not worth getting worked up about as the lads were caught and your boy is innocent.

Better to have a few people noised up and the criminals caught than a blind eye being cast and the problem ignored.

It's what cold beer was made for ...

True, on camping/caravan sites you do get the odd spot of bother, try just to enjoy the holiday you've got. Holiday time is precious, don't waste it, Have a beer, then curry. Always works.

I understand your point of view - you are on holiday and want to relax.
However, if it was a member of your family who had been assaulted would you ring the police and say 'Don't disturb anybody now, but could you come round sometime tomorrow to investigate an assault"?

I hope that you have a great holiday other than this event.

Cheers chaps.

Much more relaxed after a proper nights sleep. Had a call from he security manager and now put this behind me...

Devon is rather pleasant at the moment pleased to say.

That sounds awful!! Don't let it get in the way of a good holiday though.

Is it a static or touring caravan you're in? Sounds like a BIG site to have a security manager!!

It's a static (to keep to northern stereotypes)...

Big sight in Devon over a 1,000 caravans with a few touring pitches.

Sounds crap, but I have not driven since Saturday and one five yr old plus two teenagers fully occupied...

Long walk today followed by a pint as kids play mini golf...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom