Interesting films to see?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
La La Land is a great film. It will win a boatload of Oscars.

I'm not a fan of romantic films, & especially not a fan musical films, but this was truly excellent. Over 2 hrs long & it flew past.

I would pay to go see it again, and I can only say that about a handful of films.

A revelation. Hollywood can still make great movies.

Watched "Captain Fantastic" last night, a bit preachy but watchable over all.

Saw "Hell or High Water" the other week and that was brilliant, there's very few films I'd watch again but that was one, reminded me of "No Country For Old Men" in places.

David Brent - Life On The Road.

I was a bit bothered he'd undo the brilliance of The Office in the same way that many comeback kings do when they return after a while.

In fact, it was classic Brent and I really enjoyed it :thumb:.

I found The Office hilarious but I found this film just excruciatingly embarrassing, I don't know if that was because it did have the rest of the cast in it but I was really deflated sat watching it.

La La Land is a great film. It will win a boatload of Oscars.

I'm not a fan of romantic films, & especially not a fan musical films, but this was truly excellent. Over 2 hrs long & it flew past.

I would pay to go see it again, and I can only say that about a handful of films.

A revelation. Hollywood can still make great movies.

I started it twice, and eventually watched the whole way through. It came good.

Hacksaw Ridge is thoroughly recommended by me too.

Don't you just love Kodi!!!!

Saw that in the cinema...chilling. Though some of it...unbelievable.

They take liberties with the technology - though I think they are using it to deliberately set up the information that is or isn't available to the decision makers.

They handle the fundamental dilemma that develops reasonably well - and they don't let the characters on either side of the decision making off the hook.

(Anybody remember 'The Sandbaggers'? Late 70s low key drama on the intelligence services shown by ITV - it generally tried to show the decision making process and tradeoffs as being just as messy - with operations being supervised by a chain of command)

+1 for Hacksaw Ridge.Possibly the best cinematography I have seen in a war film.

The last hour makes the beginning of Saving Private Ryan look like a scrap at school.

A nod to Band of Brothers at the end with film of some of the survivors featured. The fact its based on a true story makes it even more remarkable.

Highly recommended thanks to Kodi.

If you liked Chappie, District 5 or Elysium... then the same director has opened his own studio

Recently released a new short film for free on Steam. If you haven't got Steam then it is also on YouTube, it's called 'Rakka' and stars Sigourney Weaver

Highly recommend to watch this, hopefully Hollywood realises he's the best man for the job for the Alien franchise after watching this, great stuff

If you're a Sci-if nut like myself, you'll enjoy this

YouTube link~ https://youtu.be/VjQ2t_yNHQs

Bit of a thread resurrection here. I've seen it 3 or 4 times & will watch it again tonight.

Went the Day Well?​

Went the Day Well?

Alberto Cavalcanti (1942)​

88min
PG Certificate
Today 8:10pm - 10pm Talking Pictures TV

This is without question the finest Home Front picture made during the Second World War. Adapted from Graham Greene's short story The Lieutenant Died Last, it depicts the seizure of a quiet English village by disguised Nazi soldiers in league with local quislings with such plausibility that it must have chilled contemporary audiences to the bone. Those watching today will be similarly struck by the steel beneath the quintessential Englishness of the villagers. What makes this such compelling cinema for viewers decades later is the realism and restraint with which director Alberto Cavalcanti tells his tale and the naturalistic playing of his splendid cast.

SUMMARY​

Villagers in a remote English village eagerly help a large group of Allied troops billeted in their town, but when they realise the soldiers are disguised German paratroopers acting as the vanguard of an invasion, they must pull together to thwart the enemy. Second World War drama, directed by Alberto Cavalcanti and based on a story by Graham Greene, starring Leslie Banks, Basil Sydney, Mervyn Johns and Marie Lohr.

Another old thread brought to life,well as we cannot go to the cinema at the moment,I would like to suggest that people look on the BBC iplayer and watch The Bridge it is one very good detective murder series,it is Danish/Swedish with sub titles ,I stumbled on this by accident,it does have a sexual content so not I suppose to be viewed with kids about.

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri

7 oscar nominations, two Oscars - well deserved.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Trailer for one I'd recommend.....

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri

7 oscar nominations, two Oscars - well deserved.

That is a brilliant film and is often on Film4. I started to watch it absentmindedly one evening (easy for me!) but McDormand is nothing short of outstanding and Woody Harrelson not far behind that it quickly grips you.

Highly recommended.

Reactions: JHS
I’m pretty certain someone may have already mentioned this movie but I never tire of watching that insane car chase...
119A3572-6D45-48B3-9875-0CE92854F03C.jpeg
and for a complete contract, Javier Bardem, one of my favourite baddies, seen in a new light..6D2B01A5-0F5A-43C4-ADE9-5FDDF11359C9.jpeg

On tonight. I'm not much of a fan of horror flicks but this is good. Quietly horrifying.

Let Me In​

• Drama, 2010, Matt Reeves, 111 mins, 15
    Summary
A bullied 12-year-old boy befriends a mysterious girl who has recently arrived in his neighbourhood. He is unaware she is a vampire, and is responsible for a recent series of killings. When the girl's human protector disappears, she is forced to turn to her new friend for help. Remake of Swedish horror Let the Right One In, starring Chloe Grace Moretz and Kodi Smit-McPhee.

Next showing​

channeltimestatus
Horror Channel
Tue 15 Jun 10:45pm - 1am

The original Swedish version is superior, the remake is still good though!

I've heard several people go on about the original but have never seen it on anywhere.

I've heard several people go on about the original but have never seen it on anywhere.
Amazon prime have it and two versions of the remake, an 18+ and 15 rating

I'm still amazed by Parasite. You never see it coming, also as im in the construction trade the architecture for me is absolutely sublime lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom