Interesting films to see?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
^ That looks good. Marion Cotillard didn't look that...Umm....up front...in two days one night.

She looks quite spatial in the trailer.:D

Sorry; couldn't resist.

ODEON: Two (£10) or Five (£20) Cinema Tickets, Locations Nationwide

If you go to the flicks regularly this is a good deal.

The Deal

Fanatical About Film, ODEON are offering cinema lovers the chance to see Hollywood’s latest releases with two or five tickets. Valid for standard seating at screenings until 19 December, tickets can be used for 2D and 3D films at locations across the UK. Tickets can be used in one visit or spread across multiple trips to the big screen. To find your nearest ODEON cinema, click here.
Choose from the following options:

• £10 for two cinema tickets
  • £20 for five cinema tickets
ODEON Cinemas Deal of the Day | Groupon

The History Boys - from the Alan Bennett play.

I'd forgotten how good this is, having just watched it again with my youngest, who's doing it for A level English.

The History Boys - from the Alan Bennett play.

I'd forgotten how good this is, having just watched it again with my youngest, who's doing it for A level English.

A group of lads, most of whom are gay or are having gay thoughts, are inspired by their teachers (both of whom are gay) to realise their academic potential. This is the un-enlightened early 1980's and yet all are perfectly comfortable with the homosexual behaviour that they experience.

And would you believe it - despite messing around for months and coming from a no-mark northern grammar school, they all get into Cambridge at the first attempt. Every one of them.

I think the story has more to do with Alan Bennett's sexual fantasies than anything else and, although I hear that the play is better, the film really isn't very good at all.

I think the story has more to do with Alan Bennett's sexual fantasies than anything else

Quite possibly, but it's fictional, so doesn't need to overly realistic, and, to me at least, interesting, as per the OP's request.

Saw 'Edge of Tomorrow' last night (Tom Cruse)

Think Groundhog day meets Starship Troopers.

Excellent film, watch it!

Saw 'Edge of Tomorrow' last night (Tom Cruse)

Think Groundhog day meets Starship Troopers.

Excellent film, watch it!

Saw this at Imax 3D when it came out, was a top notch film.

A good action film to see is Denzel Washington in Equaliser. Must be one of the best I seen all year.

Gone Girl was a great thriller.

Four Lions

Tonight
10:05pm - 12:10am
Channel 4
Christopher Morris (2) (2010)
97 min
webANXfourlions.jpg
Play clip
Reviewed By Adam Smith 4 out of 5

Satirist extraordinaire Chris Morris (TV's The Day Today and Brass Eye) makes his directorial debut with this audacious jihad comedy, pointing out that "terrorism is about ideology, but it's also about berks".

The berks in question here are a group of hapless young Muslim men from the north of England, led by Omar (Riz Ahmed). They decide to become suicide bombers and then chaotically attempt to plan and commit a terrorist atrocity at the London Marathon. Some may feel that the subject matter should be off-limits to comedians, but there's nothing new about cinema mocking a dangerous enemy - just look at Charlie Chaplin's classic The Great Dictator.

Morris's movie is very funny, occasionally emulating the faux quaintness of Ealing comedies, which were often much more barbed than they first appeared.Perhaps the most disturbing element of Four Lions is that, despite wanting to create murder on a vast scale - a grim fact the film doesn't dodge - the suicide bombers are a mostly likeable bunch.

Watched Leviathan last night. Excellent.

[YOUTUBE]/2oo7H25kirk[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
Cris Nolans's Interstellar - out this week.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vxOhd4qlnA[/YOUTUBE HD]">YouTube Link</a>

Saw it yesterday. The theatre was sold out. Could not see why...

Some good actors and a few decent dialogues, but too long, too slow at times, and a rather thin plot I thought.

Caught The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel the other night - one of the nicest films I have seen in a long time. And what a cast list - Judi Dench, Celia Imrie, Bill Nighy, Maggie Smith, Ronald Pickup and more.

Really would urge you to take a look :rock:

Slightly off tangent but kind of on topic for movie lovers.

I have recently bought an Amazon Fire TV and if you already have an Amazon Prime account, I think its definitely worth having.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00KQEJBSW/?tag=amazon0e9db-21

So far, I am really impressed with this thing. It is the fastest device for accessing online content I have ever used and it streams 1080P content superbly with no glitches, lagging or even any hint of it being streamed over the internet. Games are a bonus and it makes for a reasonable games console with the addition of the game pad controller according to my teenage son.

Finally watched the Great Gatsby... that was fantastic.

Also 12 years a slave was excellent..

All DVD's I bought ages ago waiting for time to watch them.

This is worth watching.

Tonight
11:15pm - 1:25am
Film4

Dog Soldiers

• Neil Marshall (2001)
  • UK / Lux
  • 100 min
Dog_Soldiers.jpg

Reviewed By Jason Caro
4 out of 5

Don't be disheartened by the British film industry's dismal record with horror movies - this is as scary, funny and exhilarating as any Hollywood fright-fest of recent years. Its set-up is simple - a bunch of jaded British soldiers on weekend manoeuvres (and hence with limited live ammunition) stumble across the scene of a savage werewolf attack and hightail it to a secluded farmhouse, battling to make it through till dawn against wave after wave of lupine assaults.

This is a quite sensational debut from writer/director Neil Marshall, which explodes into life in the first 20 minutes and rarely pauses for breath. Anchored by sturdy performances from Kevin McKidd, Sean Pertwee and Liam Cunningham, this low-budget film showcases Marshall's remarkable technical prowess, with knockout monster make-up (impressive even in full view), potent sound mixing and fluid camerawork.

The knowing humour combined with gruesome gore adds further layers of entertainment, creating what is arguably the best genre crowd-pleaser since the Scream series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom