Interesting news about imminent A45 S flagship model!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Phew! For a moment I thought it was suggested that the A45 would be THE Mercedes flagship model. Now that really would be headline news...

Hi,
According to this report there are going to be two versions of the new A45 - a “regular” version and an S version with a more powerful 421ps engine.
https://www.carscoops.com/2019/01/mercedes-amg-a45-s-flagship-confirmed-421-ps/
The S will be a very potent hot hatch!
Cheers
Steve

I think the guy on here who works for MB confirmed this a while back. The A45s will definitely move the premium “Hot Hatch” war on quite a bit. Interior of the new A Class AMG Line cars is great , let’s hope they step it up another level for A45/s

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

the A45 is looking and sounding divine

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

the A45 is looking and sounding divine

Thanks for posting that. I think the new A45 and if true the A45S will raise the bar and set a new benchmark in the Hot Hatch segment. The Audi 5 cylinder 2.5 Turbo is awesome engine in the RS3 / TTRS but the A45 will be a much nicer overall car and definitely best in Class interior. :thumb:

Thanks for posting that. I think the new A45 and if true the A45S will raise the bar and set a new benchmark in the Hot Hatch segment. The Audi 5 cylinder 2.5 Turbo is awesome engine in the RS3 / TTRS but the A45 will be a much nicer overall car and definitely best in Class interior. :thumb:

The performance of the current RS3 in a straight line is benchmark level by quite some margin!
Sadly dynamically, the RS3 has always been suspect and handling especially before the facelift always ruined the experience. The facelift was much better in that regard (apparently, though i never bothered trying to drive one) but still the chassis was not as good as the outgoing A45.

The next A45 will have a better interior and quality than the current RS3. It may or may not be faster in a straight line, but part of the criticism I can see is the A45 was always criticised for being a bit sterile and not as driver focused as the M2 or the Focus RS. Hopefully this will address that.

Cant wait to see what the "s" will do!

The performance of the current RS3 in a straight line is benchmark level by quite some margin!
Sadly dynamically, the RS3 has always been suspect and handling especially before the facelift always ruined the experience. The facelift was much better in that regard (apparently, though i never bothered trying to drive one) but still the chassis was not as good as the outgoing A45.

The next A45 will have a better interior and quality than the current RS3. It may or may not be faster in a straight line, but part of the criticism I can see is the A45 was always criticised for being a bit sterile and not as driver focused as the M2 or the Focus RS. Hopefully this will address that.

Cant wait to see what the "s" will do!

Definitely looks like the A45 S should create a new benchmark, by some margin in this segment , particularly if you can put more power to the rear when you want it. Audi could easily get 450bhp out of the 5 cylinder, lots of folk running Stage 1 at 500 bhp. I’m having a test drive in an A35 this week as much to check out the interior and ride quality. Just need to convince the boss that her car needs to be an AMG ;)

wow , thanks for posting. the cla 45 especially looks the business with that magno Matt paint. I do love a good spoiler on a hatch. the A45 looks pretty special too in that spec

421BHP from a hot hatch? Jesus H.

OK so it is heavier than they used to be but I remember when my G reg Astra GTE 16v running 156BHP was f-ing fast! :eek:

Mercedes-AMG A45 S starting price announced | PistonHeads

Looks like you’re going to need over £50k to get into an A45S, but it compares price wise with an Audi RS3. No doubt you can get one to £60k with a bit of effort , unfortunately no configurator available yet on the MB U.K. site.

I think for most owners all they will ask is how much per month. Majority leased now. Be interesting how Mercedes price this

I think for most owners all they will ask is how much per month. Majority leased now. Be interesting how Mercedes price this

Once the configurator is up on the MB site the finance options will be clear, not sure about lease deals :thumb:

I was really excited about the new A45 but after seeing the announcement of both the A45s and CLA 45s (which I was never really a fan of) I have to say I actually think I prefer the cla it looks like a mini gt 4 door and they both look gorgeous in that matt paint *drool*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom