Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thanks, I just read news: bad news indeed, and this will be costly and their reputation and the Brand will be damaged as a result...

Diesel recall on v6 euro5/6 cars

Just a quick question to those more knowledgeable than me on the recent recall announced today (and I guess a lead can be taken from what happened to VW owners on this). When they apply "the upgrade" to software is that more likely to be a "downgrade" if the car can only output the same nasties on the road as if on test?

So, is it really "voluntary", or will the update be applied at service time?

"The company will extend an ongoing upgrade of about 250,000 compact cars and vans to nearly every modern Mercedes diesel on the road"

Sounds like it will

My neighbour has an Audi A3 1.9TD and after mucho nagging eventually relented and let them mess with the map. The car has never been the same since and they have had it back more times than it's been on the road and they cannot get it fixed. Also they cannot revert to the original map.

Don't let them near your car.

We relented and let VW remap our Mk5 Golf TDI (Euro 5). I think it pulls a little less well than it did, other half thinks it's no different. If it now makes less NOx, then that's fine with me.

Can't have strong performance from a non-AddBlue equipped diesel without either making a load of particulates or a load of NOx.

Will be interesting to see if MB also include the latest Euro 6 cars.

My wife's VW Polo was recalled; 6weeks later we had a failed EGR. After a firm but polite conversation to the main dealer, then VW GB, the main dealer relented and agreed replacement EGR and all associated work to repair free of charge.

A quick trawl on the web will give you an idea of the problems encountered following the VW recall.

Will it undo a remap?

Yes - if the manufacturer update includes new engine ECU software - which it most likely does.
Most reputable remap companies offer to reload the map free - if a dealer overwrites it at a service.

My wife's VW Polo was recalled; 6weeks later we had a failed EGR. After a firm but polite conversation to the main dealer, then VW GB, the main dealer relented and agreed replacement EGR and all associated work to repair free of charge.

A quick trawl on the web will give you an idea of the problems encountered following the VW recall.

EGR valve needs to work harder when the new VW software has been loaded - hence the abundance of early failures.

Seriously? No-one thought it was unique to VW, surely?

Come on, no-one believed this was unique to VW, surely?

BWM next?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom