Interesting places

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MissyD

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E200 1993, E300 Coupe 2019
For years I have driven along the M20 in Kent and there is a house, high up on the hill in the distance near Wrotham, Sevenoaks, that I've seen. I've always wondered what it actually looked like as I only ever get a glimpse as I drive past. But recently as I drove along that way, I made a note of where I was (you know what I mean!) and after checking on google maps, I found it. So anyone that drives along the M20 and notices a rather distinctive white house up on the hill, this is it... https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/88473335#/media?id=media1. There is another 'house on the hill' just before Jnt 6 on M25 that I haven't managed to find yet. If anyone knows it?

Are there any interesting places that you've seen in passing and have found out more about them or some that you are still wondering about?

the M20 one isnt for sale anymore but I like the views from it
is the M25 one north or south of the M25 and which side of j6 then we can search as well

the M20 one isnt for sale anymore but I like the views from it
is the M25 one north or south of the M25 and which side of j6 then we can search as well
The M25 one is north of the M25, I've found where it is on google maps Google Maps and further investigating, I think I've found the house. Think this is it House Price History.

Wow, that's very nice and what a view. :) 👍
Certainly is

For years I have driven along the M20 in Kent and there is a house, high up on the hill in the distance near Wrotham, Sevenoaks, that I've seen. I've always wondered what it actually looked like as I only ever get a glimpse as I drive past. But recently as I drove along that way, I made a note of where I was (you know what I mean!) and after checking on google maps, I found it. So anyone that drives along the M20 and notices a rather distinctive white house up on the hill, this is it... https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/88473335#/media?id=media1. There is another 'house on the hill' just before Jnt 6 on M25 that I haven't managed to find yet. If anyone knows it?

Are there any interesting places that you've seen in passing and have found out more about them or some that you are still wondering about?

Seem to recall that being on the market a few years ago, possibly on the Jag XK forum, which is based in Gravesend. Yes, lovely views.

...extra points for identifying the two cars :p

Wow th

Wow I really like that!

I've walked past this house many times, it's in an area where houses must be upwards of 1.5million, looks a little out of placeView attachment 122278
I really like that house too! I really like individually designed houses built between the 1930s and 1960s. Sadly Mrs D can’t stand them!

I really like that house too! I really like individually designed houses built between the 1930s and 1960s. Sadly Mrs D can’t stand them!
It stands out more because of where it is and all the other houses are more modern. I quite like it.

I think I'd want more than a little chain strung between 600mm posts on the edge of the patio. A few beers and I'd probably be sitting on the M20.

Looks like an extension of the house on the left?
Think you're right, just noticed the same curtains and door fixtures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom