Interesting Possible Insurance Claim ????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

poormansporsche

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W209
It didnt happen but it got me thinking, whilst driving to work this morning in the snow I was nearly killed by a **** cutting out of stationary traffic into the middle lane of the motorway only super driving by myself (if i do say so!) prevented a large pile up. But as I was leaning out the window shouting "you person like gareth hunt" or something like that I realised that the car was one of my old cars that i sold about 3 years ago to my sister. She sold it on about a year ago to a person of the "ginger haired" persuasion and had no end of problems due to a fake address on the log book.

So i was thinking what would have happened if a crash had happened and there was a claim and my name was down as a previous owner and my sister as well and saying that the guilty party is not known to me !

Just didnt bear thinking about really !

They don't check previous owners of vehicles when processing insurance claims from what I remember.

just putting in my two pennyworth.
If you have a small bump and your not to blame. First off get the other drivers details,second get quotes, third send a letter to the other driver asking for the full amount plus car hire for the period your off the road. You see this person is the one to blame,if he or she has insurance it's up to them to claim the money from them NOT YOU.

They don't check previous owners of vehicles when processing insurance claims from what I remember.

That's correct on the whole, although if there is a dispute regarding keeper they can check with the DVLA for fraud reasons.

CUE, the claims database will be checked and claims are linked to name and address and previous address.

It generally wouldn't be an issue, though it might initally raise a few eyebrows and trigger some further investigations, but shouldn't effect the overall outcome of the claim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom