Interesting ptoblem.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Crazyfool

Car
(14) E350 AMG Sport Estate Obsidian Black & (16) E400 AMG Line Convertible White
Any ideas?

Attachments

• image-809721725.jpg
    image-809721725.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 139
Replace the aux battery?

It's the dreaded flux capacitor failure.

The auxiliary battery should not be dying on a three-year old car; it could just need charging. I wouldn't replace it until I'd tried charging it, but if it's similar to the W211, it's only about 14 AH, so you'd need a Ctek (or similar) charger or a motorcycle battery charger; banging 10, or even 5, amps into it would be a bad idea... I know where to find it on a W211, but not (necessarily) on your car.

I've just returned from a 150 mile round trip, so the battery should be charged?

Service Campaign 2009110003 JAN10 VIN range A000977 to A092538 values of the backup battery (transmission selector lever) may be set too low this may lead to fault messages in the IC dealers will update the front SAM. Approximately 16,641 vehicles affected.

Tend to find with my SL if it does not get constant use the the aux battery does drain.
hence roof will not lower or heated seats operate etc until a decent run.
So I bought a trickle charger.

1500 miles between MOT's so obviously not getting used enough:(

I've just returned from a 150 mile round trip, so the battery should be charged?

Definitely. There's a fault, not just a battery low on charge.

It's a member of the ptarmigan family. It often leads to keyboard ptoblems.

ptissing myself with laughter ...

"Houtson, we have a ptoblem..."

Chinese astlonaut: "Beijing, we have a ploblem..."

Japanese astronaut: "Tokyo, we have a propbrem..."

North Korean astronaut: " Die, American pigs, die..."

OK, enough of the tired racial stereotypes. They're ctap jokes, anyway.

But to answer the OP, I don't rhink the ptoblem is his barrery.

Last edited:
Dustbin man says to Chinese restaurant owner..
"Hello mate, where' ya bin ?"
"I bin Hong Kong"
"No mate..where's YOUR bin ?"
" I bin to HONG KONG !"
" Where's ya WHEELIE BIN !?"
" I REALLY BIN TO HONG KONG ,YOU NO LISTEN TOO GOOD !!"

Boom and indeed Boom.. proves the old jokes are not always the best.

Dustbin man says to Chinese restaurant owner..
"Hello mate, where' ya bin ?"
"I bin Hong Kong"
"No mate..where's YOUR bin ?"
" I bin to HONG KONG !"
" Where's ya WHEELIE BIN !?"
" I REALLY BIN TO HONG KONG ,YOU NO LISTEN TOO GOOD !!"

Boom and indeed Boom.. proves the old jokes are not always the best.
There's an updated version of this:

"No, where's you wheelie bin?"
"I've wheelie bin to Hong Kong!"
(etc)

I had a similar issue with my W211 and it triggered faults with the 7G autobox. The following simplified explanation may assist:

The 7G gearbox electronics are fitted internally to take advantage of any inverse reactive current to drive the unilateral phase detractor and automatically synchronise the cardinal gram meters. The previous 5G box was meant to be a lot more reliable and had a mechanical sprag clutch. This was removed in the 7G to make room for the 2 extra ratios. Software was meant to eliminate the need for this clutch, but electrical interference caused by modial interaction with the emiblio block led to partial tangential engagement of the raveneaux gearsets. MB suggested installing 27 monastically spaced neodium injectors around the bellhousing, arranged to feed the downstream turbine exhaust vents with a mixture of high 'S' value phenol hydrobenzamine and a 5% concentrate of remonitorive tetra-ioda hexamine.

You probably know that both of these liquids have specific periscosities, given by the formula P = 2.5C x 6.7 / N where N is the di-ethical evolute of retrograde temperature phase disposition and C is the shelmondolaze angular grid coefficient. This was measured initially by the dealer with a Metapolar refractive pilfrometer. Not really satisfactory, as that device was really designed to check harmonic torsion levels on the hydroflex coupling. A 'Signature series' Schottky auto-calibrating hopper datascope was a better solution to measure the exact quantities.

The main symptom I noted with my W211 was the nubbing together of the regurgative purlwell and the super-native weanel sprocket. I suspect this was probably due to an incorrect specification the Lotuso-deltoid windings. The solution apparently is to use a series of offset 3Kilohertz anhydrous nangling pins to enable a cryptonaptic bowling shim to be tankered at the front of the transmission. Any vibrations on four cylinder engines can be addressed via gusseted milfor trunions on the outer casing to offset the gaussian resonant frequency. A matched pair of fully inverted sequential decoagulation plates with non-reversible tremy pipes will support the correct phasing of fluorescent skor motion. This will also require at least one drawn reciprocating dingle arm to reduce any sinusoidal deplenaration to less than 3%.

Hope this helps....

I had a similar issue with my W211 and it triggered faults with the 7G autobox. The following simplified explanation may assist:

The 7G gearbox electronics are fitted internally to take advantage of any inverse reactive current to drive the unilateral phase detractor and automatically synchronise the cardinal gram meters. The previous 5G box was meant to be a lot more reliable and had a mechanical sprag clutch. This was removed in the 7G to make room for the 2 extra ratios. Software was meant to eliminate the need for this clutch, but electrical interference caused by modial interaction with the emiblio block led to partial tangential engagement of the raveneaux gearsets. MB suggested installing 27 monastically spaced neodium injectors around the bellhousing, arranged to feed the downstream turbine exhaust vents with a mixture of high 'S' value phenol hydrobenzamine and a 5% concentrate of remonitorive tetra-ioda hexamine.

You probably know that both of these liquids have specific periscosities, given by the formula P = 2.5C x 6.7 / N where N is the di-ethical evolute of retrograde temperature phase disposition and C is the shelmondolaze angular grid coefficient. This was measured initially by the dealer with a Metapolar refractive pilfrometer. Not really satisfactory, as that device was really designed to check harmonic torsion levels on the hydroflex coupling. A 'Signature series' Schottky auto-calibrating hopper datascope was a better solution to measure the exact quantities.

The main symptom I noted with my W211 was the nubbing together of the regurgative purlwell and the super-native weanel sprocket. I suspect this was probably due to an incorrect specification the Lotuso-deltoid windings. The solution apparently is to use a series of offset 3Kilohertz anhydrous nangling pins to enable a cryptonaptic bowling shim to be tankered at the front of the transmission. Any vibrations on four cylinder engines can be addressed via gusseted milfor trunions on the outer casing to offset the gaussian resonant frequency. A matched pair of fully inverted sequential decoagulation plates with non-reversible tremy pipes will support the correct phasing of fluorescent skor motion. This will also require at least one drawn reciprocating dingle arm to reduce any sinusoidal deplenaration to less than 3%.

Hope this helps....

Hi,
You forgot about the common problem with the double-anthrax timebase defibrillator - this caused very notchy gear changes!
Cheers
Steve

The 5G and 7G gearboxes are fine, but what you need (if you can find one) is a Warren G 'Regulator' gearbox fitted with 'Nate Doggs' instead of sliding dogs. they were available for a short time during 1994. It has been know to hip-hop between 3rd and 4th under load but by adding one litre of G-funk when hot (80'C) the gears regulate fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom