Interfacing a TV-tuner for Comand 2.0

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kingpin!

Car
R350 (W251) & R350 (V251)
I've seen some ads regarding DVB-T tuners för Comand and on Ebay. They seem to cost around 300-400 euros. What kind of interface do they use to speak with Comand (assuming that you can change channels etc. using the Comand keys)?

If it's all analogue output then wouldn't it be possible to use basically any cheap DVB-T tuner from your local TV store and buy a cable or make one yourself? I mean, paying around 40 euros for the tuner + harness is a big difference compared to 300-400 euros, right?

Also, how does it work with aerial for a tuner, do you hide it under the dashboard as with Comands SAT aerial or mount it somewhere else?

Anyone have experience from this kind of an installation?

Oh, yeah, will Comand autodetect presence of a tuner or do you have to set it up for this?

TIA!

Hi

COMAND2.0 connects to the TV tuner with RGB (sync on Green I think), audio, and CANbus. The CANbus is used for COMAND2.0 to accept the TV tuner is there and for control of the TV tuner.
The TV tuner has 4 aerials, normally in rear windscreen - if your car had COMAND2.0 factory fitted, chances are your rear screen has the aerial in, but you will have to add the antenna amps - or use an aftermarket antenna - such as Clarion make.

Now, I can't remember if a combined analogue/DVB-T tuner was made for the COMAND 2.0 system. It is made for the new MOST cars.

The TV tuner has 2 aux inputs for composite/audio - and thus you can connect a DVB-T tuner to it.

You can just put in a multimedia adapter (which gives you a singe video input) and connect DVB-T tuner to it. If you look at www.audiocomp.info you can purchase them there.

Cheers

Richard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom