interior Blower

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

giusepppe

Car
2007 S320 Cdi W221
Hi, bought a interior blower and regulator for a company called "online carparts.co.uk", it then came all the way from Berlin. swapped the blower with the regulator and it never ran, do not know if it is the regulator at fault, going to test the motor tomorrow to see if it runs. whilst swapping the fan over I had to move the carpet out of the way, discovered it was full of water under the carpet, we had really heavy down pours yesterday, so I am wondering if the drains are blocked, causing it to flood through ventilating ducks, this is on the passenger side, so presume it will be the same on the driver side, just had the cabin filters changed, so I presumed they would check the drains, I am going to syphon out what i can tomorrow, I am assuming that could be the problem, but there might be another cause. Any solutions to the problems will be appreciated

I would guess that the drain is your problem as far as the water ingress is concerned, and probably why the blower motor and regulator failed. I would check the fuse for the AC first. Then try the new blower motor with an independent 12 v supply. Were the replacements the cheap Chinese components? They are poor quality largely and I've known owners who have received these already faulty. Unfortunately MB originals are 3 or 4 times the price of the Chinese stuff which is why people go for them. Whatever you do take up the carpet and dry out the floor after clearing the drain. Passenger side drain seems more vulnerable than drivers, certainly on mine there is a 45 degree bend in it which can block with one leaf.

You need to find the blockage and clear it. Poke it through with a stick, compressed air or hose pipe. On many, many cars the drains in front of the windscreen can get blocked and when they do they cause havoc with the electrical systems. Left too long and it corrodes connectors causing all sorts of odd problems.

Once the drains are clear you should be able to hose the windscreen and the water will pour our immediately around the wheel arch area - with no ponding under the bonnet.

With regard to your motor, if you are selective aftermarket parts can be OEM and identical to the part on the vehicle. In your case, with the water, I suspect a fuse or wiring problem.

thanks for both your replies, I checked the drains, both were are still partially blocked, must check the fuses, as for the fan motor, it was made in the check republic, and I know they are good engineers, I was taught by one when I was an apprentice in the machine shop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom