Interior Changeout / update

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SGCW124

Car
W124 estate
Can't help but notice than just lately there has been some good deals on E bay -in the cars for breaking/spares category. some for just a few hundre quid.

I'm thinking that a better interior for my 89 w124 estate would be good,

couple of questions : most cars offered have 4 electric windows, mine has ony 2 , in adition some have electrically adjusting front seats.

Q. How difficult is it to a swap upholstery over and can you incorporate electric rear windown (& cards ) along with new electric front seats?

When I bought a 3 rd row of rear facing seats it was a cinch as all the tappings etc. were on the body already, does this appy to wiring etc?

thanks

Steve

SGCW124 said:
Can't help but notice than just lately there has been some good deals on E bay -in the cars for breaking/spares category. some for just a few hundre quid.

I'm thinking that a better interior for my 89 w124 estate would be good,

couple of questions : most cars offered have 4 electric windows, mine has ony 2 , in adition some have electrically adjusting front seats.

Q. How difficult is it to a swap upholstery over and can you incorporate electric rear windown (& cards ) along with new electric front seats?

When I bought a 3 rd row of rear facing seats it was a cinch as all the tappings etc. were on the body already, does this appy to wiring etc?

thanks

Steve

You will need a workshop manual but it can always be done if the cars are in the same series and close in age.

Yes, you can easily change those bits over, if you have done the 7seat conversion, this is no harder, just a little more time and patience...
If you have a very early car, you may not have the wiring pre-installed, but most do for the windows, electric seats however will not be installed, this is very easy to "retrofit"

I too would like to get a new interior, or at least new door cards. mine are falling to bits.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom