Interior hearing control

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

W210Virgin

Car
2002 S210 Avantgarde 320CDi in silver. Black leather interior
Morning all and Happy Easter.

Not sure if this should be in this section or Interior but here goes anyway. I've an old 210 with the 'manual' air con/ heating controls. In the last few days the passenger side is running at full heat regardless of temperature control dial position. Driver side, thankfully, seems to be OK but it's hard to tell 100%. Flap position seems to be OK as well so it looks like just temperature control has lost the plot at bit.

What are my options? Am I looking at replacing the controller on the dash or is there something else I can check? I've no easy access to Star or anyone with Star so count that out for now.

I should be able to get my hands on second hand bits as there's a MB breakers reasonably close by or Rob at Three Pointed.

Any pointers appreciated please.

Sounds like a stuck duo-valve.
They can be strip and cleaned with reasonable success,.

Suspect you could be right. I've been doing a bit of reading. I went out today to have a nosey and it seems to be OK again. I'm in England for the rest of the week so I'll get a looksy at the weekend.
On the positive end of things I got my aux. REST pump running. The connector was poor on one terminal. The pump was stuck, from doing nothing for years I'd say, though so I swapped in a spare I got a while back and hey presto, I had heat again.

Now it looks like I found the problem here. Went to the duo-valve yesterday afternoon and found the connector was just setting on top of the valve but not plugged in. I was the only one fiddling in this location a few weeks back (changing out the master cylinder) so it must be my fault that it worked it's way loose. Doh! I haven't had a drive yet but it can't really be much else, can it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom