Interior ICE

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NormanB

Car
W210
No not the in care entertainment - the other stuff you know - like cold scrapy de stuff off - or you cannot see out of the windscreen! ;) Except this is on the INSIDE! :eek:

Clearly, there must be moisture in the interior somewhere but a search has turned up nowt.

I went to the favourite place - drains under the bonnet and have cleared the two drains either side - awkward boogers they were from an access point of view (starboard one in particular) they were topped up with plenty of leaves and organis debris.

Seeking W210 advice and collective experience of other favoured drainage ports or anything else to check.

Thank you

Sorry if this is an obvious one but - you hadn't used spray de-icer on the outside first had you?

........no, this was after a day at work, returning to my car I first noticed the rear screen all misted up first - then when I got in I could see the inside of the screen was 'frozen'! :eek:

Do you run your air con this time of year? If not, moisture, in these cold conditions will build up in the car quite quickly. The air con will remove a lot of the moisture.

Geoff2 said:
Do you run your air con this time of year? If not, moisture, in these cold conditions will build up in the car quite quickly. The air con will remove a lot of the moisture.

And give it back out when the engine is off.

I have climate and leave it on auto all the time - is that a bad thing to do?

Appreciate advice from the experienced.

Thanks

Try switching it off for a few days. It sounds like the moisture is causing ice on the evaporator which then melts and causes condensation on the screen which in turn freezes.

Well using the car daily, without climate - and problem continues.

No obvious damp patches inside but windows still misting/freezing up.

Help! :)

Mines the same, albeit the Polo, as is my neighbours Freelander and Transco truck. I think it is just a byproduct of the particular weather that we are having at the moment. Realtively warm days with rain (lots) which saturates the atmosphere giving a high RH rapidly followed by clear spells with sharp frosts at night and in the late afternoons.

There seems to be no midle ground or a gentle swing from one to the other.

I would not worry at the mo, hang on until the WX is steady and not so variable then see how it is. As I said, you're not alone.

Portzy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom