Interior Illumination E220 (W212)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Max Shine

Car
E Class
Is it possible to change the colour of the bulbs/LEDs which provide the interior lighting around the doors etc from the orange colour they currently are? (I know there is no setting, more of bulb change)

Example below

689594_1243070_5616_3744_08C758_071.jpg

Ambient Light Colour Change

On the W212 2013 facelift model the ambient lighting colour is adjusted through the Settings menu. I'm not sure if this is applicable to your model but the adjustment on mine is as follows -

• Press the left or right button on the steering wheel to select the Settings menu.
  • Press the up or down button to select the Lights submenu.
  • Press OK to confirm.
  • Press the up or down button to select the Amb. light col. function.
  • Press OK to confirm.
  • Press the up or down button to set the colour to SOLAR , NEUTRAL or POLAR .
  • Press the OK or Return button to save the setting.
Hope this helps.

I have a 2012 and all I can adjust is the brightness, sadly!

Is that pic not of the ambient lighting which has 3 different colour settings?
Either way, it will be a LED strip oppose to a conventional bulb I would imagine.

I have a 2012 and all I can adjust is the brightness, sadly!

If pre facelift has one colour, facelift has 3 and w213 now has 64 colours, the next model out is going to have millions!

Reactions: Uky
So anybody taken a door apart? I'd like to know if it's an led strip or a single lamp/led with fibres optic distribution.

I have the 2010 s212 with only the one colour (orange) interior illumination, but since I am a meddler with too much time on my hands but no money for a newer car I am converting mine to adjustable colour illumination.... If you access the door internals you will see it's done by a single bright led pushed onto a fitting on the plastic illumination strip which takes care of distribution. It operates on 12v from the light module in the door with two resistors on the PCB containing the led to drop the voltage to 2v. This could be replaced with the desired colour but I have ordered cheap w5w remote control RGB leds which I am waiting to arrive. Then I need to test they store the last used colour when power is cut and if so I will install. I will take pics as I go in case anybody else wants to do the same, unless somebody has already posted a how-to-guide?

Front door:

reach in and pull out this push fitting

orange led inside

Attachments

• 212 door ambient (1).jpg
    212 door ambient (1).jpg
    889.5 KB · Views: 25
  • 212 door ambient (2).jpg
    212 door ambient (2).jpg
    646.1 KB · Views: 20
  • 212 door ambient (3).jpg
    212 door ambient (3).jpg
    510.8 KB · Views: 18
  • 212 door ambient (4).jpg
    212 door ambient (4).jpg
    523.6 KB · Views: 14
Front door:

reach in and pull out this push fitting

orange led inside

Hi did you change the colour of ambient light in your Mercedes I thinking about this to

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom