Interior led ?? in the vito grab handles.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zenman63

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
2016 L450 Range Rover 4.4 AB, 2015 GTs 2017 Range rover evoque
Hi, just finish fitting and wiring 4 grab handles in the vito.
2 x rear wired from the interior light at the back, and the fronts, fitted both sides from the front interior light, all work as they should and fade out as they should, all good there.

Question is the light is not clean and yellow so can I swap the festoon bulbs for LED.
Will I need canbus ready type?
Can I also fit them in the door lights?
And lastly a recommended bulb.

Just looking for a nice clean white/blue light.

Oh No not another project for the Vito. Are these genuine MB parts or have you retrofitted something , im very curious as to how they look. Can you put some pics up for us all ???

I can see yet another retrofit coming on, once i get round to the rest of them :D

Nick

Yes all Genuine parts, Viano illuminated handles with map lights, I have done 4, both fronts and just a pair in the passenger area.
Bit of a mission as all the brackets need fitting that are designed for that type of handle, even the front, plus fitting one drivers side where the handle is missing.
Most bolt holes are there and where there not, rivnuts take care of that, all holes are in the body and roof area.
Genuine harness adapted, ie cut up and re-wired.
Head lining removed and refitted.

Very nice Ian. Did you buy them new or second hand ?

Dont think i have ever seen them fitted to a van before , am intrigued to see what they look like .

Nick

There in your hand book.
I got them S/H from a salvage Viano, I had the job lot, brackets bolts harness the lot.

I will take a picture tomorrow and put it up.

I'm back on line for the time being!! lol, Have you got them coded in to come on with the doors mate?? Now i'm back on line i'm gonna have a look for some led's for mine!!

Hi, Mate

All working, did not need coding as I had lights already so just built two harness, front and rear.
Auto works in the rear from dash switch no problems.

When i did mine i've also wired the original centre lights in as well as the grab handles, its like Blackpool illuminations when you open the doors now!! pmsl

There must be someone that has fitted LED festoon bulbs in the interior lights in a mercedes.

Soz Ian , didnt read your message properly, yes i have fitted LED into my interior light and glovebox light. I got mine from ultraleds.co.uk

the below are the ones i got . No problems with canbus errors at all. The smallest wattage is for the glovebox, the biggest for the interior light and the middle is for the back light.

(264) 42mm 8 Led Festoon 2W=14W Cool White Anti Bulb Warning
U428ACB
Ordered: 1

(264) 42mm 6 WA SMT Leds Festoon 1W=11W output Cool White
U426UCW

(264) 42mm 3 WA SMT Leds Festoon 6W output Cool White
U423CW

Cost about 20 squid Mate

Hope this helps

Nick