Interior led lights fault codes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ash1212002

Car
W204 c250 cgi facelift petrol 2011
Decided to replace all the interior lights to led. I have no errors on the dash.

However when carrying out a obd diagnostic check a whole host of faults appeared relating to all the bulbs i have changed. They were not permanent hard faults.

Cleared all the faults but suspect they will appear again.

Is it safe to ignore these if they appear again?

Ideally it would be nice to have no errors at all when doing a diagnostic check

The faults may have been picked up when you removed the old bulbs.
My scanner identified a fault with the puddle light on the clk when I changed the bulb.
Can’t remember if I cleared it or it went away, but didn’t happen again

The faults may have been picked up when you removed the old bulbs.
My scanner identified a fault with the puddle light on the clk when I changed the bulb.
Can’t remember if I cleared it or it went away, but didn’t happen again

Good point, will give it another scan and report back

Reactions: Ted
Were the new LED bulbs you bought proper 'canbus error free' ones? If so, no error should repeat as they have a built in resistor to emulate the load of a standard bulb, so the car is fooled into thinking nothing has changed. (now, where have I heard that before LOL)

Also if you read the description on canbus error free LED, most say work on 90% of vehicles, Hang on are they error free or not :wallbash:

All my interior lights are LEDs, and none is the built-in resistor type (so-called CANbus or "error-free"), simply because in my car (and many others), the interior lights are not monitored by SAM. In four years, since I fitted them, I only had to change one bulb, and that was over three years ago.

Actually, I have now moved away from this type almost entirely - the only bulbs with built-in resistors I still have are the W5W position ones, for the rest of [monitored exterior] lights I use separate resistors, e.g. for the H11 fog lights, or dummy bulbs, e.g. stop lights actuated by my own Adaptive brake light system, or reversing lights. With the built-in resistor type, I wouldn't go for anything over 5W of the original bulb - just two much heat is generated, and that could cause problems ...

Also if you read the description on canbus error free LED, most say work on 90% of vehicles, Hang on are they error free or not :wallbash:
That's kinda like Domestos kills 99% of known germs - just covering their backside LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom