Interior LED's

• Thread starter Deleted member 139143
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 139143

Made a start on replacing standard interior bulbs for LED's. 20180709_193911.jpg 20180709_193925.jpg 20180710_052754.jpg The dull one is the rear courtesy light not done yet and the others are the front courtesy with new LED's. just got the rest to do now.:).

I recently did the same in my car, it makes such a nice difference and it's a great little modification :thumb:

I've done ours, some time ago now.
The first lot of lamps failed with LED's dropping out in various numbers.
The second lot seem to be performing better.

There is some junk out there.

Did all mine in my w204 apart from the map lights in the rear view, as far more trouble than it's worth.

I have heard that the map lights are a nightmare to do, so definitely giving them a miss.

Hi, I bought them from RUFFORTH AUTO JUMBLE.

There's no need to buy so-called Canbus LEDs for interior lights, at least on cars of a similar age to mine (A200 2006): the interior lights are not monitored, and it's a bad idea to have an unnecessary resistor, heating up in confined interior spaces.

I replaced all interior lights with LED on my current car, three years ago, and same was done in my previous car, for four years - all problem free.
I think I replaced one bulb in A200 a couple of years ago, and might need to replace a glove box light soon, but other than that - perfect.

Hi, I had the same info from member dest regarding the canbus LED's. so I just went and bought standard ones.

Reactions: GLK
I too have done 10 x interior LED bulb upgrades on my W203, and can recommend the kit already mentioned...

led-lores-jpg.77645

CL203 LED Upgrade

As I said in the previous post, there's no need to use LEDs with built-in resistors for interior lights, in fact I would strongly advise against it - you just creating a potential melting points for your plastic trim, as those resistors get really hot.

I know interior lights are never on for too long, but still - not safe, in my opinion of course.

I would never risk fitting a kit like the one above, to my car.

As I said in the previous post, there's no need to use LEDs with built-in resistors for interior lights, in fact I would strongly advise against it - you just creating a potential melting points for your plastic trim, as those resistors get really hot.

I know interior lights are never on for too long, but still - not safe, in my opinion of course.

I would never risk fitting a kit like the one above, to my car.

I would advise you not to fit one then :) Besides, as I understand it, doesn't the Canbus resistor just emulate the original filament bulb electrical resistance, so should be exactly the same heat output?

Err, no - it won't be the same heat output ;)

Just did an experiment, turned on the mirror vanity light for 5 straight minutes and felt the LED bulb, it wasn't even warm...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom