Interior lighting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rosie5golf

SUPPORTER
Car
Mercedes e320 avant-garde estate
Hi guys and girls, my 2008 e320 has just come out of service and, I've noticed that my interior and boot lights do not come on when I open the door. They all work if I operate them manually. The garage deny all knowledge of touching them. Am I missing something here, a fuse maybe ? Any help would be appreciated.

^^^^ Wot he said , we’ve all fallen for the daytime bulb testing merry go round .

You could throw a dark sweater over the top of the windscreen,
the light sensor is behind the rear view mirror.

Doh !! Thanks everyone, I assumed they came on whether it was light or dark !! The do in my wife's A180 and, to be honest I've never noticed if they came on during the day !!! Thanks once again.

Doh !! Thanks everyone, I assumed they came on whether it was light or dark !! The do in my wife's A180 and, to be honest I've never noticed if they came on during the day !!! Thanks once again.
I spent an hour last year swapping bulbs around on a warm sunny day wondering why they didn’t work :p

My 639 lights up no matter day or night.
The 211, well you know.

If they don’t work in the dark either then check the switch. Many cars have a rocker switch with three positions, which from memory are usually all lights on, all lights off, and activate lights with door switches. Maybe the rocker is in the all-off position?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom