Interior lights not working after replace. LED

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MORGANpl

Car
Mercedes W212 E350 AMG Bluetec Night Edition Premium Plus
I bought some led to give a bit more light in the car. Ive replace the 38mm SMD(glove box,rear dome top) All where working fine. Next day my 42mm COB leds arrived for the boot and light above mirror. Ive replace them and I notice that the led above mirror was bit on after the door where closed. Ok,its led so I thought it might be glow for a while till the car goes in sleep mode and turn offthe power. This morning I went to the car and the led was off. thats ok but when I unlock the car non of the lights come on??? I can switch them on manually but when I open the door,or unlock the car they stay off.:wallbash:
Is there something I dont know? Way to sort that? We only got this car so Im still new to it and dont know everything. Could the dome light module die? But why would the lights come on manually than?? Or is it something that the interrior lights dont come on during the day??
I replace the led back to stock and same thing.

You interior lights don't come on during daylight AFAIK.

Thanks for reply! I will check that tonight and see if the stock ones come on and the leds.

I learnt the hard way too! my sidelights, foglights, interior lights all come on when locking/unlocking the car. Having modified my headlight housings one day, walking away I locked the car and noticed they didn't come on! Had one of them "FFS whats wrong with it now?!, moments. Removed all the lamps in the headlights, tested them all, checked fuses, and went inside having given up, locked the car, leaving it for another day. Went out later when it was just getting dusk, unlocked the car and hey presto, lit up like a xmas tree!

I learnt the hard way too! my sidelights, foglights, interior lights all come on when locking/unlocking the car. Having modified my headlight housings one day, walking away I locked the car and noticed they didn't come on! Had one of them "FFS whats wrong with it now?!, moments. Removed all the lamps in the headlights, tested them all, checked fuses, and went inside having given up, locked the car, leaving it for another day. Went out later when it was just getting dusk, unlocked the car and hey presto, lit up like a xmas tree!

First thing I replaced the side light. I went for Philips one thinking lets put something good make. Turn them on and what? They start flashing:wallbash:
replace them with some 2£ and happy days. They are on,no flashing and no errors:thumb:

Just replaced the bulbs to LEDs. Everything works like it should be :))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom