Interior Lights staying on

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marcust101

Car
Mercedes c250
Hi all,

I have a what seems to a silly little problem. Neither the boot light or back seat overhead lights were working in my C250 TD estate. I took out the fittings and found 1 missing and 1 blown bulb. So having replaced them I have found they stay on when everything else turns off and even come on when driving at odd moments. They do turn off with the switch on the front ceiling cluster but come back again shortly after. They stay on when the car is locked after the front roof light goes off.

Presently the bulbs are disconnected to save the battery.

Any any ideas, I tried swopping the wire connectors without success.

Many thanks in advance

Marcus

Hi,
If it were one of my cars doing this I would intially replace the the overhead panel with one I had sourced from the breakers, as all the interior lights are controlled from that one point.

Thanks Andy,

I was afraid of that, here was me hoping it was a bad earth or something.

Thanks for the advice

Marcus

Yeah, I've been using that to turn the damn things off. I think I need a new control unit. Anyone know how to take off the old one?

I can get a breaker part on Ebay

thnaks

Marcus

Hi,
If you remove the two light lens covers, there is a clip behind each one of the lens, which are accessed through slots in the back edge of the fitting. IIRC I just used a small flat blade screwdriver and done one side at a time.

I have a similar problem on my SLK. I found that the switch on the door shut would sometimes not push in enough to turn the light off. By shutting the door firmly, I seem to have cured the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom