Interior Scratches

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AliAyman

Car
Mercedes c200 coupe
Hey guys,

I am a proud owner of a beautiful C200 Coupe 68 reg and I was absolutely gutted when I've noticed two new scratches on the interior parts or the car.

The first one is one the infotainment screen which is only visible when there's direct sunlight on it (hence why is wasn't able to upload a pic), the second is a finer scratch felt by fingers on the left ashwood just below the passengers door handle (please see pic below).

And I was wondering, since I doubt this would be considered by manufacturer warranty, are there any products or DIY rememdies thar I can try without causing more harm? Or do you know anyone in Yorkshire I can take my car to?

Thank you very much in advance, I really appreciate it.

Ali

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200304-133413-min_compress49.jpg
    Screenshot_20200304-133413-min_compress49.jpg
    556.8 KB · Views: 36
I’m pretty sure you won’t be able to remove any of the scratches unfortunately.
My worse scratches are on the piano black centre console which I’ve tried to remove with a scratch remover from Halfords.
Looks better but still ends up scratching again over time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m pretty sure you won’t be able to remove any of the scratches unfortunately.
My worse scratches are on the piano black centre console which I’ve tried to remove with a scratch remover from Halfords.
Looks better but still ends up scratching again over time.

I read that the screen scratch might be removed since if it's only visible when the light is on it it's most likely the anti glare layer only, any truth in that?

I had a similar issue on the MMI in an Audi I had,
I tried to clean the scratch and ended up cleaning the anti glare coating off.
Which I found out later via forums
To be honest it didn’t make any difference to me but not sure if it’s the same for Mercedes

That would irritate the hell out of me, people wearing rings. Try your local scrap yard see if you can find a replacement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom