Interior Trim Anyone Carbon Dipped Them?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RickyBurrows

Banned
Car
Mercedes e320 cdi sport
I want to change all the brownish gold weird color of the interior trim, doors, dash, centre consol all of it, I can have it stripped out and painted gloss black but I'm worried that it will scratch easy as it's black with clear coat so not really the best to keep immaculate I've heard of dipping does anyone know where to get it done I've seen them do it on the tele carbon fibre and looks flipping awesome any ideas on where I can have it done? Thanks

I had some interior parts done, and would suggest you go for a well-established outlet, even if more expensive.

I was (still am) on a pretty tight budget, so had a first batch of parts done by a very nice, but basically clueless chap - some uneven swirls and wrinkling had to be re-done by a professional later on.

All in all, after all the work, which also included a custom steering wheel, and re-trimming of the gearshift and the armrest by Jack at the Royal Steering Wheels (whom I can't recommend high enough!), I'm very pleased with the result:

35692659546_0541b111c6_o.jpg

One less than perfect part is still left, and can be seen here - it's the sliding cover over the power socket compartment at the front:

34773820300_c8633afbff_o.jpg

I'll have it re-done later on, when I go for a full leather re-trim of the door cards and the dash, new HU, and hydrographics (carbon dip) for the other small trim bits (vents, door mouldings, etc).

That will be with a pair of new facelift doors (rust issue on the current ones), so will have to wait for now...

Here's another pic with softer lighting (though the colour balance is slightly off):
34982757930_5141558380_o.jpg

Yeah that looks good nice choice of design suits it perfect what company did you use to correct the work you had done originaly it's definitely something I'd want to do transforms the interior dramatically.

Thanks, yes I think it suits the car too. I put together the modified sports gearshift myself :)

it was Lee at Odell's Hydrographics in Rushden, he did a brilliant job, and certainly knows his stuff.
I'm not going to anyone else, for any future hydrographics work, that's for sure.

Thanks I just had a look at his work and wow looks good that's exactly what I'm looking for being nearly 2 hours away I'll try email him some pictures and see what he says, thanks :)

Cool.
Tell him, David from Northampton, with a little black A200, been singing praises :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom