Interior Trim Removal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slartibartfast

SUPPORTER
Car
W221 S350L, R231 SL350 & SL400
Are these trim pieces easy to remove (2015 SL400 R231)? Cheers

trim.jpg

Last edited:
The bits on the dash just pull off, use a decent trim tool. The ones on the door don't! You have to take the door card off then there are some press on fasteners which keep that bit of trim on the doors, not difficult to get to just a bit time consuming.

The bits on the dash just pull off, use a decent trim tool. The ones on the door don't! You have to take the door card off then there are some press on fasteners which keep that bit of trim on the doors, not difficult to get to just a bit time consuming.
Many thanks

Just let me know if you have any other questions. I did mine in a black "grained" aluminium style wrap and it's important to make sure that the "grain" faces the right way over all trim, easy to forget while they're off the car!

Just let me know if you have any other questions. I did mine in a black "grained" aluminium style wrap and it's important to make sure that the "grain" faces the right way over all trim, easy to forget while they're off the car!
I removed the side panels on the centre console to get to the three trim pieces but have now decided to wait for warmer weather as the car is in my driveway and quite chilly at the moment (I know vinyl wrap can be low temperature intolerant). I can't seem to get the panels to line up properly. All clips seem to be in but the trim is not as "neat" as it was before I removed it?

IMG_20240421_194406.jpgIMG_20240421_194419.jpgIMG_20240421_194453.jpgIMG_20240421_194349.jpgIMG_20240421_194355.jpgIMG_20240421_194400.jpg

The panels do fit flush with the dash whereas yours are proud slightly (last picture especially), I suggest you give them a smack with your hand towards the front of the car to seat them properly.

The panels do fit flush with the dash whereas yours are proud slightly (last picture especially), I suggest you give them a smack with your hand towards the front of the car to seat them properly.
I'm a bit concerned of damaging something or breaking tabs - I've already smacked it really hard a few times. I'll try again, concentrating on the front top ends.

For reference, just took this picture.....

20240424_142612.jpg

They do take some "persuasion" as the whole panel needs to move forward.

Just wrapped the passenger side door trim (quite fiddly removing the door card and fixings). Here's a vid showing the quality of the wrap, although it is much better than this in reality.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That's very shiny vinyl!
Looking forward to your full how to post!

Looks great Slarti!

I thought about doing my E as I'm not a fan of the aluminium look. But it also needs doing on the rear doors and it felt like just too much hassle.

Can you let us know which wrap you used please?

Looks great Slarti!

I thought about doing my E as I'm not a fan of the aluminium look. But it also needs doing on the rear doors and it felt like just too much hassle.

Can you let us know which wrap you used please?

Here's my thread with all details:

Wait until the car has been baking in the sun. Then things are not brittle and less likely to break.

R
They were a bit fiddly to remove but all done now. Here's a link to my new thread:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom