Interior Trim Repair

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flyer

MB Enthusiast
Car
Ford Mustang GT
Transporting a long piece of metal in my car, I've accidentally pierced and scratched the near-side rear trim panel :( I have a leather interior, but this presumably is plastic? Is there an easy way to repair it? Would a hairdryer work (i.e. heating up, expanding)?

Normally very careful, so feeling a bit miffed about it :crazy:

Transporting a long piece of metal in my car, I've accidentally pierced and scratched the near-side rear trim panel :( I have a leather interior, but this presumably is plastic? Is there an easy way to repair it? Would a hairdryer work (i.e. heating up, expanding)?

Normally very careful, so feeling a bit miffed about it :crazy:

Some of these materials are very good imitation, only by looking at the rear can you be sure, even grain can be copied.

Be careful with heat, it can do the opposite, with some parts you can glue a backing on, but you have to be used to doing this type of work, and brave.

Some materials will go back to their original shape on their own, there are touch up kits on the market, but matching the colour is difficult

Sorry to hear that Flyer
I did the same thing in the jeep taking an old bedstead to the tip. anyway, there is an excellent auto trimmer in rochdale called Manchester Auto Services. He did a cracking repair on the jeep just before it went back off contract hire & it passed all inspections. he did agood repair on my old e55 trim as well. & I am taking the Aston to have the creased leather to the drivers seat bolster repaired / restained .
He is very good and reasonably priced. . if you would like the number I'll pm it to you - & anyone else who may be interested.

Thanks Malcolm, perhaps not quite as easy then... I thought that even in a leather-equipped car, the side trim panels likely wouldn't be leather; is that not the case?

Steve, thanks for that, may take you up on that. Can you post the number up here in case others are looking for a trimmer as well? Rough idea of cost? £50, £100, £200??

My car's off today to the bodyshop so it could be a couple of weeks before I can get it repaired.

Here you go , cant quote a price - each job is assessed on its own merit, but shouldnt be more than £100 - it was £60 for the jeep .

Manchester Auto Services
Tel: 01706 353130
Ask for Malcolm & mention my referral please. - he may do me a discount next time I'm in :)

They also do full car valeting, regular leather care (using special connoly cream) and A Glaze paint protection coating.

Flyer i use a local trim repair company for a lot of stuff like that, the one i use is called trim-technique but im sure there will be one near you somewhere...

Thanks guys, best leave it to the experts then. When I get my car back, I'll get it sorted, probably with MAS. My car looks really uncared for at the minute :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom