Interior valet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Merc220cls

SUPPORTER
Car
220 CLS Shooting Brake & 350 SL
I was valeting the cars today and on the SL I could see some debris under the seats and down in the seat runners.

The car although now 16 years old has only covered just over 10,000 miles and since I purchased it just over a year ago it has revealed three old parking tickets previously from 2004 & 2005.
Not being able to get at the debris with my car vacuum I decided to use the blow gun on my airline. My son used to do small spray jobs, mainly bike related but he gave this up and handed over to me his fairly hefty compressor and all his air tools.
The blow gun certainly did the job as it blew out the debris from the runners and under the seats landing on my freshly vacuumed front carpet.
It also revealed yet another parking ticket issued in Spring Street Macclesfield where two of the others were issued. All the tickets were issued at almost the same time between 19.38 to 19.42 pm and almost within a week between each ticket.
These tickets would have been purchased by the first owner of the car as I have a record of the three previous owners.

This record shows the car had covered 6114 miles when transferred to the second owner on 23rd June 2005 and when I collected the car on 1st May last year some 14 years later it was sitting with 7800 miles.
This is backed up with annual Main Dealer servicing, MOT’s and full 12 month tax discs covering just 1686 miles during that time.
Being a bit OTT with keeping records I have filed the parking tickets in my car history file.

I finally got around to fixing the fittings on the little air compressor at work I can’t wait to use it on the interior.

my last car had a parking ticket stuck in between the dash and the windscreen I didn’t know was there, i spent a couple of month listening to annoying tapping noise until on faithful morning the sun hot the windscreen just right and i saw it. When I got to work i borrowed a long spatula from the lab and fished it out, it turned out they were from colondale and edgware where i grew up lol.
No more tap tap tapping noise lol.

I was valeting the cars today and on the SL I could see some debris under the seats and down in the seat runners.

The car although now 16 years old has only covered just over 10,000 miles and since I purchased it just over a year ago it has revealed three old parking tickets previously from 2004 & 2005.
Not being able to get at the debris with my car vacuum I decided to use the blow gun on my airline. My son used to do small spray jobs, mainly bike related but he gave this up and handed over to me his fairly hefty compressor and all his air tools.
The blow gun certainly did the job as it blew out the debris from the runners and under the seats landing on my freshly vacuumed front carpet.
It also revealed yet another parking ticket issued in Spring Street Macclesfield where two of the others were issued. All the tickets were issued at almost the same time between 19.38 to 19.42 pm and almost within a week between each ticket.
These tickets would have been purchased by the first owner of the car as I have a record of the three previous owners.

This record shows the car had covered 6114 miles when transferred to the second owner on 23rd June 2005 and when I collected the car on 1st May last year some 14 years later it was sitting with 7800 miles.
This is backed up with annual Main Dealer servicing, MOT’s and full 12 month tax discs covering just 1686 miles during that time.
Being a bit OTT with keeping records I have filed the parking tickets in my car history file.
Just for clarity , these ‘parking tickets’ are pay and display receipts and not potentially unpaid penalty charge notices ?

No they’re the small stick on tickets from the machine.
Mind you had they been PCN’s , from 2004 I don’t think I need to worry too much.

I like having some history on my cars and now under data protection you can’t get a note of previous owners but I suppose I was fortunate as in the glovebox along with the handbook was a letter from Tracker to the first owner requesting the renewal at one year old which is when it was sold.
There’s a second letter also from a Tracker addressed to the second owner.
The Tracker wasn’t renewed but the equipment will still be on my car “somewhere.” 🤔

You could probably get the tracker alive as you have the details of it, IIRC my 968 cab had one (inactive) and Tracker offered me the option to renew the subscription. I declined, and when the car was having a replacement ECU chip fitted the wiring was traced and all removed.

how hard is it yo fully remove the seats to get if fully deep cleaned

Hey, thats a great tip for the use of an airgun/compressor - hadn't thought of that.

I got the idea from car bodyshops which I visited regular (selling my products)
With all the dust from body filler etc covering the entire car, they would blow it away with a blow gun.
Never seen many masks worn though ☠️

how hard is it yo fully remove the seats to get if fully deep cleaned

It wouldn’t be too difficult to remove the seats, I’ve removed many in my time but in my case the carpets are still like new in fact the car interior still smells like new despite it being 16 years old this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom