Interior wrapping

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ToeKnee

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
R230 SL500 in teal blue, R231 SL500 in black. (Vauxhall insignia diesel now sold) Black Ford Mondeo
The one part of my SL that I've never been 100% happy with is the silver brushed aluminium trim on the dash and door cards. So I bought some vinyl wrap in black brushed aluminium and set to it this afternoon. I'm quite pleased although it took all afternoon and I still have the door cards to do. Not to everyone's taste I'm sure but I'm happy with it at the moment. Change the wheel colour next.
20191022_122404_resized.jpg 20191022_122354_resized.jpg 20191022_171304_resized.jpg

Imho, and it's the wheel I have, leave well alone.

The silver lifts the steering wheel, co -ordinating with the silver console buttons

Imho, and it's the wheel I have, leave well alone.

The silver lifts the steering wheel, co -ordinating with the silver console buttons
I'm not going to touch the wheel, only thing left to do is a stripe on the door card which entails taking the cards of first.

Looks like you've done a good job. I think it does look better than the plain aluminium. But the most important thing is you're happy with it. Good job.

Did you pull all the bits out yourself?
Yes, once the centre arm rest/cubby was removed the rest was easy. The dash edges just clip in/out then the door cards come off. Did the whole lot start to finish in only a few hours.

I like the contrast between the aluminium trim and black leather

That does look good,I never knew just how good this wrapping could be on the interior,makes me wish I had bought that S600 last year,great car but I could not look past the orange wood around the dash and steering wheel,still if I find another one Leicestershire is not to far for me to come up and get you to wrap it :D

That's a belting job mate. Looks spot on. Where did you get the vinyl from ?
Ebay. I can go back and look for the supplier if you want??

That does look good,I never knew just how good this wrapping could be on the interior,makes me wish I had bought that S600 last year,great car but I could not look past the orange wood around the dash and steering wheel,still if I find another one Leicestershire is not to far for me to come up and get you to wrap it :D
My rates are very reasonable, to some people......... ;)

The one part of my SL that I've never been 100% happy with is the silver brushed aluminium trim on the dash and door cards. So I bought some vinyl wrap in black brushed aluminium and set to it this afternoon. I'm quite pleased although it took all afternoon and I still have the door cards to do. Not to everyone's taste I'm sure but I'm happy with it at the moment. Change the wheel colour next.
View attachment 89774 View attachment 89775 View attachment 89776
Beautiful job! I am tempted to do the same with my R231. What was the brand that you used and the supplier? I've been looking at some 3M products. Cheers, Gareth

Beautiful job! I am tempted to do the same with my R231. What was the brand that you used and the supplier? I've been looking at some 3M products. Cheers, Gareth
It was called "black brushed aluminium vinyl" and the eBay supplier is: - classictrading-uk on eBay

Removing the parts wasn't difficult just time consuming as there is a particular sequence in which to do it, especially the center console, plus the door cards need to come off. I'd never wrapped anything before but watched a few you tube videos and it's easier than you think. Good luck if you go ahead.

I'm not sure the black brushed was available for my model year, can't remember seeing it on any of the ones for sale at the time. Looks good on yours Rory.

Looks great and OEM! I had the wood in my old E55 done in gloss black, sacrilege to some but I preferred it! I wouldn't have the patience to do it myself or the bottle. A job well done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom