intermitant headlamp problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mooseyy

Car
clk 240
Hi all, looking for some help if possible with a problem i have on my 2002 W209 240.
After driving for about 30 to 40 min the headlamps come on without being switched on and stay on even after trying to switch them off at the switch.It is only the headlamps and front side lamps that come on no rear lamps or dashboard lights come on.I have checked light settings in the cluster menu and even changed them but makes no difference. The only way i can switch them off is by removing the key from the ignition.No malfunctions are displayed in the menu. The problem occurs in daylight and at anytime and in sunlight.
I spoke to my local stealers and they want the car for at least a day and at £95.00 an hour am very reluctant to take it to them.Any help or ideas to what might be the problem wil be much appreciated.

For the benefit of anyone else that gets this or a similar problem it turned out to be the front sam unit that was faulty. I replaced the front sam unit and set codes with my STAR diagnosis system.Total cost for this diy job was £264.00 for the new front sam unit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom