Intermittant screaming noise 2014 E220D AMG premium estate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

seisobs

Car
2017 E220D AMG Premium Estate
Hi Guy's and Gals,

I am hearing this quite loud screaming noise from the vehicle, it's intermittant when driving slow and also when switching off, I initially thought it was a loose alternator or timing belt but on closer inspection it seems to be coming from under the car.

Mercedes wants 156 pounds for diagnostics tbefore they do any repair !!!!

Any help appreciated.

Jake.

Hi Guy's and Gals,

I am hearing this quite loud screaming noise from the vehicle, it's intermittant when driving slow and also when switching off, I initially thought it was a loose alternator or timing belt but on closer inspection it seems to be coming from under the car.

Any help appreciated.

Jake.
Share a video, with sound and zoom in on the location of the point of sound generation.

Hi Guy's and Gals,

Any help appreciated.

Jake.
let the victim out the boot!

Alternator clutch pulley on the way out ?
Agree had one go dodgy on my Navara 3.0 sounds like a slipping belt but potentially does much more damage as it can cause the belt to slip and fray and can even ruin alternator bearings if left too long, its a simple fix just need the right tools, Gates make a range to fit most cars

I think the problem was diagnosed as an exhaust system valve fault.
I could be wrong - but this thread lay unanswered for over a fortnight before being revived today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom