Intermittant Sound Loss 02' C32

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beastlee

Car
2019 S205 C300 AMG Line Premium Plus
Hi,

I'm looking at a 2002 C32 Estate and the current owner has mentioned there's an intermittant loss of sound 'sometimes it works and then it won't'. Is there anything in particular I can look for to help resolve this? I know COMAND units are expensive and I wouldn't want to throw a lot of money at it to fix a sound issue.
The car has most of the extras, except for the sunroof, from what I've determined if that helps.

Thanks
Lee

I can't think of any obvious known faults.

It might not be the COMAND unit itself - there are separate amps for the BOSE system.

Does it have any aftermarket connections, eg telephone, MP3, multimedia interface?

Sorry was referring to the entire audio/nav package rather than the COMAND control unit.

The only thing mentioned was the multi-changer. There's no apparent other add-ons but I'll ask as part of our communications today.

I've noticed there's a phone aerial on the back window, just in front of the high level brake light. I can only assume it has the merc phone kit but no cradle, can you confirm if this is stock or aftertermarket?

Couldn't say for sure. If you have a photo you can post someone may be able to advise.

I've attached aerial and COMAND shots to see if it offers any clues.

Attachments

• IMGP1667.jpg
    IMGP1667.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 17
  • IMGP1678.jpg
    IMGP1678.jpg
    223.4 KB · Views: 17
I think ive seen this C32 advertised and it has Bose.

I had a problem with my system cutting out over a period of time and then stopping all together, it turned out to be the Bose amp. The display would say no CD when the CD button was pressed.

This helped me out http://www.carstereohelp.com/mercedesFiberOptic.htm

Cd changers are about £100 amps are rare and I managed to get one off a C32 breaking on ebay. Euromercs have one listed for sale.....or they did last month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom