Intermittent Dynamic/Massage Seat Function

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mrkrapez

Car
SL55 AMG
Hi All,

Firstly many thanks for anyone who has helped me out on my previous posts, you really are a good bunch on here!

I have another odd one that I have tried to trace but am at a loss to work out what is going on. My seats work perfectly but only when they deem it time to work, for instance a few weeks back I was driving along and the seats just decided to stop working, one minute I was having a back massage and the next all the air naffed off completely. Since then when I press the pulse the light just flashes at me, the dynamic does not work, and the bolsters do not inflate or deflate on the buttons. This is a process I have been through many times with the car, the problem is that tomorrow or next week / month while driving along all of a sudden the little sods will fire up again and be fine for a week or two. :wallbash::dk:

Does anybody have an experience of this? I have read about pump overheating, but when it works it works for several days / weeks absolutely perfectly....

Many thanks again

Tim

Hard to diagnose intermittent faults, I'd hook the car up to star or a code reader to see what's going on.

I've never had a problem with the active seats probably jinxed myself.

Thanks for the response, I know that would be best, but I do not have a Star system to hand. What code reader is my best option otherwise? I did not think there was one?

Apparently often a leak at the pipes from the seat to the body. mine does the same

I had the same problem and eventually they gave up altogether.

The culprit was the pressure release value in the tank which was faulty causing the pump to overrun (Although there's a safeguard built in against this) and melt the plastic housing causing air leaks.

The cure was to replace the pump with the updates unit which does away with the expansion valve.

You could just have a leak in one of the pipes to the seats

Thanks for the response, I know that would be best, but I do not have a Star system to hand. What code reader is my best option otherwise? I did not think there was one?

Your best bet imo would be to take the car to a mercedes independent, Any worth their salt should diagnose and or fix the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom