Intermittent fault with my indicators. B class 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Helsinki

Car
2 Mercedes B Class 180 CDI auto diesel.
I have a Mercedes B class 2010 model, I have a problem with the left hand mirror indicator. It flashes erratically at times then works ok but get a message on the dash telling me that it has a problem.All the bulbs are working ok and when it does flash erratic the others flash normally. Has anyone any idea what maybe the problem?
Thanks.

My first guess would be be the wire going from the door to the mirror, especially if the mirror gets folded in and out often. The wires all pass through a narrow gap and may suffer from abrasion or breakage due to flexing over time. Second guess would be the bulb (is it LEDs in this case?) or bulb holder (or circuit board if LEDs). Third guess would be the door control module, but that is a much lower probability.

It is quite a common problem.

First thing to do is gently remove the mirror and then the led indicator. I cleaned the indicator sprayed some contact cleaner on the two little pins that are the connector and put it back in without the mirror casing to check. All worked fine so put mirror casing back on and has been fine since. That's the first step I would go for. If not next few steps is above look for the wiring breaks and then the control module .

Good luck :)

Thank you FiveAlive and to you GT160. I will try both of your suggestions if the first doesn't work. I have searched for hours trying to find a solution. Thank you again. I might be awhile before I can get back to you to tell you if I have sorted it. Just moving house. Helsinki.

Hello FiveAlive just noticed you are from Sheffield. So am I.👍

My neighbour has offered to look at repairing my indicator/ mirror on my b class. Can anyone tell me does the door panel have to be removed to get to the cables and remove the unit? Or is there a easier way? I have searched the internet but cannot find the relevant information. My neighbour wants to remove the unit so he can repair it in his garage. Thanks for any info . Helsinki.

Can anyone tell me please if my mirror cables have been repaired would it need reprogramming? Thanks Helsinki

Can anyone tell me please if my mirror cables have been repaired would it need reprogramming? Thanks Helsinki
I would not expect so. Any errors (bulb warning in your case) will fix themselves. I don't think the W169/W245 even have the option of memory settings for the mirrors so there's nothing to reset there, either.

Hello again FiveAlive thank you for getting back to me again. I'm hoping my neighbour will be able to repair my mirror tomorrow. Will let you know how he gets on. Thanks again from sunny Sheffield.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom