Intermittent Poor acceleration (limp mode - loss of turbo - reset by ignition key)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CT-Kev

Car
ML270 CDi (2004)
My mercedes w163 2004 ml270cdi has an annoying / pesky issue with the turbo or limp home mode.

Regularly Every two key ignition starts its drives with snail like performance of a normally aspirated diesel.
It would die on a hill and as it slows right down it subsequently tells the auto box engine management to kicks in and changes down two gears, revving the nuts of the engine for a 2.7 desperately trying to maintain say 30/40 mph up a incline or prolonged hill / slope.

It doesn't respond to pedal movements for more acceleration then (You can bury you foot to the floor before the floor button etc..).

The Other times its started it drives like a racehorse very potent for a 2>3 tonne wagon ( full 163bhp etc..) But it sometimes does revert back to snail mode during cruising and usually catches you unaware or have come to a standstill or sometimes used gear box say for reverse or put it in park on a hill at traffic lights static revs or been motorway driving)

When its in race horse mode You can sense the pick up / turbo kick in response to small movement of the accelerator pedal (throttle cable to the engine bay digital sensor).

I brought a lemon basically (a good looking one mind you).

I steadily replaced the many faults with the car to include:
A whole New Inlet manifold assy with new Swirl flaps and the motor too.
A New EGR vacuum switch + 2nd hand tested EGR.
Loads of other stuff....

Ive just brought some filters to go on the EGR and turbo actuator vacuum solenoids pipes of the egr ( not fitted them yet).
I now suspecting its maybe a vacuum pressure drop problem somewhere ???? (as i understand this low suction feed is generated from the brake master cylinder ?? the EGR fault code is still seen by the system intermittently)

My Last visit to mates garage, I'm left with fault codes:
B100A - rear blower motor apparently ??? wtf ?
B1103 - Heater Booster 2/3 stage ??? wtf ?

other stuff been posted on a another thread post ( heater blower lockout leds flashing when very cold )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom