Intermittent Rear door issue.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nmather83

Car
Mercedes CLS 350CDI AMG Sport 2013 (W218)
Hi,

So today as I pulled up to a meeting to get my bag out the back of my CLS 2013 the rear door wouldnt open. All central locking working fine cycling the locks etc but door handle doing nothing including the inside door handle. Anyways did the meeting went back to the car and still wasnt working. Travelled back to office. Auto lock applied and when I got out and tried it it worked again. Any ideas what that could be? Is something about to fail or should I just give it a good dowse in WD40

Hi,

So today as I pulled up to a meeting to get my bag out the back of my CLS 2013 the rear door wouldnt open. All central locking working fine cycling the locks etc but door handle doing nothing including the inside door handle. Anyways did the meeting went back to the car and still wasnt working. Travelled back to office. Auto lock applied and when I got out and tried it it worked again. Any ideas what that could be? Is something about to fail or should I just give it a good dowse in WD40
I had the same problem with same model year CLS. Unfortuantely it will get worse, its a faulty Internal handle solenoid mechanism, needs replacing. My was done under warranty so I cant tell you what it cost.

I had the same problem with same model year CLS. Unfortuantely it will get worse, its a faulty Internal handle solenoid mechanism, needs replacing. My was done under warranty so I cant tell you what it cost.
Thanks for that. As long as I have an idea of what it is I have a warranty on it so will give it a bash under that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom