Intermittent starting fault

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It is on the street cant really raise it. Can it be reached from above?
I have no idea, I imagine it could be depending on your reach, tools etc. I dropped mine off at a garage and it took them just over an hour.

You said you have found it, presumably you were looking from above? Are there a lot of things in the way?

I have no idea, I imagine it could be depending on your reach, tools etc. I dropped mine off at a garage and it took them just over an hour.

You said you have found it, presumably you were looking from above? Are there a lot of things in the way?
I was looking from above. I couldnt get my hand down there so couldnt figure how to remove it. Was it expensive at the garage?

I was looking from above. I couldnt get my hand down there so couldnt figure how to remove it. Was it expensive at the garage?

About £100 from memory plus the part.

Space is usually tight hence the suggestion of a mirror on a handle and various extension pieces with a Torx drive.

I took the car the garage, they replaced the Crank Sensor,so it was that all along, working great now, touch wood, thanks for all the advice,

I have a 1998 c180 W202 1.8 petrol, for the last few months I have had an occasional problem where my car will not start and on two occasions it has stalled. It runs for a few weeks perfectly, no problem starts first time. but every now and again it wont start, when this happens i cant hear the fuel pump being primed. It started when a spring in the boot snapped moving the vacuum pump. I had the AA look at it this evening, they could not figure it out, so they towed me home. It started as soon as I got home! Any ideas?
It could be both the fuel pump and the IAC or IIRC. You have symptoms of both problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom