Intermittent xenon fault.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Starky

Car
W211
Hi all, Iv been having some issues with my Xenon lights on my W203 which has progressively got worse. Both sides ( Usally firsts thing in the morning ) struggle to light up, sometimes the left and side and sometimes the right. This morning both sides went I had to turn the engine off and on again for them to work.

now my question what could be the culprit? I would like to get this fixed ASAP before they both go completely, soda law states that this will happen when I need the car most. :D

My guess would be the igniter. Usually around £50 each side to replace on most cars.

When the bulbs are on, are they slightly pink rather than the normal 'blueish' tint that xenons have? That's usually a sign the actual bulbs are on their way out - and light output will be reduced if this is the case.

No, the lights seem to be the right colour. The thing that seems strange which maybe a clue to what the fault is, is the fact it Usally only happens on first start up and then seems to Usally be fine for the rest of the day.

Has anyone experienced a similar problem?

it might be the fact it seems to be OK later during daylight but is in fact the same issue just less noticeable so dont chase a red herring

also worth thinking about the issue lying with the ballast control.]

plenty of info on the net on Xenon failure tell tails - you dont need to review anything MB specific

I'm up early and it is still dark on first start up. i then drive the car in the evening, at the moment the car is rarely driven in day light

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom