Intermittently faulty BT line since replaced patio doors

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

garystu1965

Car
Mercedes E350 CDI Coupe
My missus had her old patio doors replaced with new PVC doors and since then the BT line seems to go dead for hours ant a time but then springs into life. I've tried to see where the cable goes but have no idea what's going on.
Why would a line go dead for hours and then suddenly start working ?

Any ideas ?

My missus had her old patio doors replaced with new PVC doors and since then the BT line seems to go dead for hours ant a time but then springs into life. I've tried to see where the cable goes but have no idea what's going on.
Why would a line go dead for hours and then suddenly start working ?

Any ideas ?

Sounds like a loose wire in the connections somewhere. Could be at the main street box or in the house. Check the house connections and then call BT to check the line.

The doors could just be a coincidence unless the wires run through them?:eek:

Im busy this week:D Be aware, if you call Openreach(same as the old BT engineers) out and the fault is anywhere beyond the main socket in the house, then they will charge you a lovely £116+vat for the privilege of gracing you with their company, and then not actually fix the fault but refer you back to your service provider (BT) whim will then most probably try to sell you another extension socket installation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom