internal grab handles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clashcityrocker

Car
c 180 esprit c 180k avantgarde
iam working my way through a couple of things i want to replace and the internal grab handles on driver and passenger sides are a bit scratched and untidy looking how easy are they to come off do i have to remove the door card

any info much apppreciated

If you mean the grab handles on W202 door cards, it depends if your car is a facelift model or not. Grab handles on a facelift door card have an upper and lower part - the upper part is what you see and it simply pulls off the lower part, but while doing so you will almost certainly break the plastic prongs that push into the lower part - everyone does :crazy:. New upper grab handles are stupid prices from a dealer and you almost never see them listed on eBay, probably because everyone breaks them ;). But you never know.
I'm not sure about pre-facelift ones - they are a different shape and I think they screw or bolt on, but someone else will know more.
Good luck

It would be easier to replace the whole card from a scrap yard, if I recall correctly it is all riveted together with 10 plastic rivets.
See… New Page 1

Dec

D_1.jpg

Last edited:
If you mean the grab handles on W202 door cards, it depends if your car is a facelift model or not. Grab handles on a facelift door card have an upper and lower part - the upper part is what you see and it simply pulls off the lower part, but while doing so you will almost certainly break the plastic prongs that push into the lower part - everyone does :crazy:. New upper grab handles are stupid prices from a dealer and you almost never see them listed on eBay, probably because everyone breaks them ;). But you never know.
I'm not sure about pre-facelift ones - they are a different shape and I think they screw or bolt on, but someone else will know more.
Good luck

thanks for the info stupid me should have said its for a 2004 w203

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom