Internet Access while driving

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dragon

Banned
What the law says about surfing the Internet while driving?

Is it legal? What your opinion?

Merc currently does not offer this option but Beemer does with ConnectedDrive. It still handfree and am sure it will distract your driving.
:D

its only available while the car is stationary.

And its a WAP based browser, so you only news weather and one or tow other things. For 3 years, then you pay.

Legal or not, anything that distracts the driver is seriously ill advised

The AA published stats that showed rear-end collisions increased 4-fold in the summer months, due to short skirts!

I'm assuming they are referring to vehicle - vehicle collisions!! :eek: :D

hells teeth, I quote something factual.

they are distracting tho. Mind you, not as distracting as the wifes comments after being originally distracted by aforementioned garments.

Still, thats the dim and distant past now.

Seeing scumbag in a short skirt would make me crash; right over a cliff edge revving furiously

He's probably walking round town in one right now so as to create a glut of empty houses...

blokes round here are wearing skirts...don't know why though. seems a bit strange if you arsk me.

I bet you don't call 'em skirts within their earshot!! :D

Actually I have been known to do such I thing. They do get a bit defensive about them, and then make the fatal mistake of saying they are warmer than trousers.

Usually when I stop laughing, I grab the nearest girl and ask if they wear skirts when its cold. And I mean proper cold.

Most the skirt wearing men then make some noises and head off, beaten into submission by their own stupidity.

Skirts, kilts or other open to the elements clothing is not, and never will be warmer then enclosed clothing. NASA has not invented the space kilt for reasons of practicality, and not just because they wanted something special they can charge $10m for.

On the serious side! I imagine an internet browser would be considered an "Interactive Communication Device" so would fall within the new mobile 'phone legislation in one way. But it's not handheld- Would probably come under "Not under proper control".

Now, skirts...Phwoarr, grumble grumble etc!

What the law says about surfing the Internet while driving?

Is it legal? What your opinion?

Merc currently does not offer this option but Beemer does with ConnectedDrive. It still handfree and am sure it will distract your driving.
:D

It's not what the law says about surfing the internet that worries me Dragon, It's the fact you could even ask about or think of doing something so bloody stupid.

it can fall in anything it wants, its not available when the car is in motion.

you can only browse it whilst parked.

the nav system in the BMW updates from it while you move, but you can't access anything.

And you have to have the NAV system at £1585.00 or £1970.00 if you want the better one and bluetooth prep at £535. And you lose a cupholder for the idrive controller too.£710 gets you the TV upgrade.

blokes round here are wearing skirts...don't know why though. seems a bit strange if you arsk me.

This one does not.

article-1043014-0236F7D400000578-371_226x497.jpg

James Middleton.

If I don't ask, I don't know. It one of the feature I saw at Beemer TV. It controls from IDrive but it didn't say it will not work while driving.

Might as well use a PDA or laptop if the vehicle has to be stationary.:D

Save hundreds of pound where I can get a Dell laptop for £399 rather than over a thousand pound toy in the car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom