Internet connect.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drivenmemad

Car
Ford Focus (at the moment)
Hi is anyone else in the southport area having problems with the INTERNET i am using T-mobile wireless pointer and it's very slow and cant find the web page at times. T-mobile tells me that there is no work of any kind being done so why is it that at times it runs fast and other times it's like the INTERNET of 10-15 years ago. :wallbash:

Phone network based internet systems are notorious for heavy traffic problems slowing things down. Just not enough bandwidth provided for the service the provider gambles will be for low level use by most users. If you are with BT broadband you can subscribe to a roving service where you piggyback onto any nearby BT Home hub wireless router. Its called BT FON BT wireless broadband internet connection - wi-fi providers - ISP

Hi is anyone else in the southport area having problems with the INTERNET i am using T-mobile wireless pointer and it's very slow and cant find the web page at times. T-mobile tells me that there is no work of any kind being done so why is it that at times it runs fast and other times it's like the INTERNET of 10-15 years ago. :wallbash:

Also be aware that due to Orange & T mobile now combining the number of users (people sharing masts) has (roughly) doubled. Orange and T Mobile will tell you they now have twice the network availability so things are faster. Its not working out this way in reality and many people are having the same issue as you.

I've just been through all the pro's and con's of the various networks in the process of renewing our company mobile phone contracts. Our provider and others I looked at all had similar feedback from their client base.

Hi
what speed is your connection supposed to be, and what are you getting ?

cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom