Internet Detective Required to catch UK Parts Scammer [email protected]

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26392

Internet Detective Required to catch UK Parts Scammer

I buy loads of eBay and in the past 10 years haven't had a single issue. That was until recently when I purchased various bits and bobs from a breaker. Unfortunately for me the seller [Chris] encouraged me to send the money via PayPal outside of eBay in the form of a friends and family transaction. You can guess that the seller hasn’t sent me the parts, nor is he replying to my messages or emails.

EBay and PayPal are advising they can't help as I did the deal outside of eBay and PayPal won't cover me as I sent it via F&F. Citizens advice have suggested I raise a Small Claims court action which I'm fine with but the issue is I don’t have an address to serve the documents to.

So, do we have anyone out there who is rather handy on the internet and can find the address details for:

ebay seller: 77jwautos

[email protected]

Kimberley Davison – [PAYPAL ACCOUNT NAME]

Location Cleveland

Paypal Mobile: 07*****4288 (i got this from paypal but dont have the full number)

Scott

Might not be the same person but here you go:

K Davison
19 Darnbrook Way
Middlesbrough
Cleveland
TS7 0RA
01642 316 460

K Davison
19 Darnbrook Way
Middlesbrough
Cleveland
TS7 0RA
01642 316 460

Thanks for this. How did you tie the address to the details provided above?

Im guessing the seller uses his partners paypal account hence its a female.

K Davison
19 Darnbrook Way
Middlesbrough
Cleveland
TS7 0RA
01642 316 460

That comes up as a fairly respectable looking detached house if you put the address into Google maps and look at street view

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@54.5...4!1sWA88hK-PZR53cOiAf6V5XA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Satellite view shows nothing untoward out the back , so either the wrong address , or they have other premises

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place...x74fc6f314c320e06!8m2!3d54.5246112!4d-1.18525

He had a previous user ID on eBay

eBay Member User ID History

The box below contains the User IDs that this member has used on eBay.

User ID Effective Date End Date
77jwautos 08-May-14 Present
johwilke 08-May-14 08-May-14

Ah what a star you are moonloops!

Now, how do we tie back the adverts and his ebay account to the paypal address i paid? Also i see the mobile numver is different from the one on ebay.

He had a previous user ID on eBay

eBay Member User ID History

The box below contains the User IDs that this member has used on eBay.

User ID Effective Date End Date
77jwautos 08-May-14 Present
johwilke 08-May-14 08-May-14

I wounder if joh wilkie is a worker at the place or do we think he owns it. We meed some way of tieing back the ebay account to the location.

Great work so far, let us know how this turns out, hope you get your money back and they are banned off ebay!

P

I wounder if joh wilkie is a worker at the place or do we think he owns it. We meed some way of tieing back the ebay account to the location.

I also note you said the seller's name was given as Chris in your first post ???

Could be worth ringing that Fiat place and asking for Chris or Joh(n) ... just to see if anyone answers .

I also note you said the seller's name was given as Chris in your first post ???

Could be worth ringing that Fiat place and asking for Chris or Joh(n) ... just to see if anyone answers .

Yes, thats a good shout. I had several messages from the seller who at first was very helpful and closed his coms with Chris.

I wounder if the fiat place have another ebay account in parallel to the one i interacted with. Wpuld be good to find a joh(n) wilkie registered to the fiat place or even better a kimberley davison.

Looking at their previous ebay name of johwilke and the use of 77 in email addresses, you can deduce that you are looking for John Wilke (or wilkes or Wilkeson more likely) born in 1977

I started with a view to investigating the company and people via Companies House and Directors' lists. Sadly no joy, but the only J Wilke I could find seemed not to be connected at all.

I started with a view to investigating the company and people via Companies House and Directors' lists. Sadly no joy, but the only J Wilke I could find seemed not to be connected at all.

Thanks for that. The question is now who do i serve the court documents too:

A) kimberley Davison - who i paid tbe funds too according to paypal.
B) owner of the fiat business

.... and do i send the documents to KD at the fiat address?

Ultimately do i have enough to associate the business to the ebayer. Im worried i dont have a definitive link yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom