Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Had IE7 on pre public beta and public beta (this one). DO NOT DO IT. I will explain later must run now.

Well done Abbos, took the 'F'-word right out of my mouth :D!

Just downloaded it from MS, and have not really found it much different to ver6!!

Anybody think it is an improvement??

Also, seems to have made the font very slightly fuzzy, anybody any ideas as to why??

I work in IT and we had a mail from our boffins saying DO NOT install IE7. Appears it will not run with quite a few modern applications, the Java client is a bit 'unstable' and rumours abound that it will not work with Web Outlook.

Translation of the above (put on best East London accent): LEAVE IT!!!

P.S. Note to MS lawyers - this in only my opinion and not a statement of fact.... :p

Gollom said:
I work in IT and we had a mail from our boffins saying DO NOT install IE7. Appears it will not run with quite a few modern applications, the Java client is a bit 'unstable' and rumours abound that it will not work with Web Outlook.

P.S. Note to MS lawyers - this in only my opinion and not a statement of fact.... :p
Gulp!:mad: :mad:

Gollom said:
I have to test websites with it, so had to install it.

Definitely no problems with Outlook Web Access (to Exchange server).

Not noticed any problems with other websites (apart from CSS problems, some of which are proving difficult to track down).

I like it. Works well, looks good. Still prefer Opera though :D

Flyer said:
I have to test websites with it, so had to install it.

Definitely no problems with Outlook Web Access (to Exchange server).

Not noticed any problems with other websites (apart from CSS problems, some of which are proving difficult to track down).

I like it. Works well, looks good. Still prefer Opera though :D

Thanks for this - will feedback

Steve

We do internet business banking, and when you contact their web page, there is a big note regarding compatibility issues with IE7, so I guess we will leave it for now.

Don't Do It!

Please, please don't install it!

I installed it 2 weeks back and i had to do a "Norton Go Back" which took about 2 hours to go back to how it was before the install.

That's my 2p worth.

regards,

KJ

Works for me! I never install beta products, and when the full release of IE7 came out last week, I went for it and its great. Some websites don't know about it (Abbey warns that its not a supported browser; and Plus.net webmail selects Simple Browser as default), but it works anyway! I guess anything released by Microsoft always gets a bashing, because they're an easy target..

Anyway it installed so easily and I like it! <takes cover>

Risk Averse!

Probably the same as buying the latest model of your favorite car. :rolleyes: You get the "NEW LOOK", :D :D can name-drop at parties,---- just ramped up to explorer 7 old boy-------- piece of piss,------ works a treat----- etc etc:rock: :rock: .
Against acting as an unpaid trouble shooter for the Bill Gates empire------------I'll just try shutting down this application, -------OH NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: ---- Why did it do that???:eek: :eek: :eek:

Your choice probably depends on whether you are "Risk Averse" to borrow a phrase from the "IFA" vocabulary. Another field where big rich organisations want the individual to take all the risks for them.:( :( and to pay for the privilege of doing so.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

anarchy-inc said:
So you think they read this forum? :rolleyes:

Hey, who knows? Maybe Bill has a W124 and needs to know if he has the 4 or 5 speed gearbox and alloy wheel advice!
:crazy:

I see the anti-Microsoft spirit is alive and well. ;)

I installed IE7 a month or so ago and I'm really impressed with it, definitely seems a step up from IE6 and the tabbed browsing seems to work more logically than in Firefox. I had a few glitches with it but it is a beta product so that's okay.

Thumbs up for IE7 from me.

Rose Chap said:
I see the anti-Microsoft spirit is alive and well. ;)

I installed IE7 a month or so ago and I'm really impressed with it, definitely seems a step up from IE6 and the tabbed browsing seems to work more logically than in Firefox. I had a few glitches with it but it is a beta product so that's okay.

Thumbs up for IE7 from me.

I agree seems OK, but why has the fonts displayed seem a little fuzzy or out of focus??:confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom