Internet Fame!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

McGreggor

Car
CLS55 AMG
One of this years funniest forum threads! :bannana:

EQ2 (EverQuest2) has player homes that can be locked or only allow "friends" to enter. Behind locked doors, people do some silly stuff.

This is the screenshot of someone entering a player home and watching a couple of EQ players "roleplay" in the "privacy" of their player home (oops, forgot to lock that door to visitors!) which then gets posted on the server's public forums.

The "roleplayer" tries to say that the screenshots are photoshopped, the anoncowfag poster offers further proof that they're not, the "roleplayer's" girlfriend, who isn't the one being cybored in the screenshots, comes forward and tells the guy that he's no boyfriend of hers, "roleplayer" threatens with legal action against the board and the anoncowfag poster along with threatening to have his EQ goons/internet buddies break his internet legs and other general hilarity of a classic 'owned' thread in the context of EverQuest 2.

Thread Here

Last edited:
Well, that was an education ;)

Still got no idea what the hell they're talking about though :D Never played online games ...

(I take it the original pics on the first page have since been substituted, as they just show a character standing on a bed?)

Online games are funny, it's the human element that makes them so good. I was doing about 5 hours per day SWG until I got this job. Not logged in for a month now, I should log in at some point and pay some money into my house so it's not removed... :)

Flyer said:
Well, that was an education ;)

Still got no idea what the hell they're talking about though :D Never played online games ...

(I take it the original pics on the first page have since been substituted, as they just show a character standing on a bed?)

There are two characters there, one is a blury/ghostly avtar. which I think was deliberatly done to her identity. The actual text was n't too legible for me, you may have to highlight to see what was said..

Just realised my link wasn't to the first page of the thread, this one should be..

http://www.eq2permafrost.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=216

So far it has 312591 views!

Last edited:
Now I see. I had to copy the image into Photoshop and bump up the brightness, but I can now see the ghostly lady.

They talk another language though, don't they? :D Can't cope with that, still getting my head around GTA:San Andreas and gangsta-speak :D

I've not read the whole thread; is there a happy ending? Does he get back with the girl? Does he get with the ghostly girl? Is he banished from the online world, left to roam lonely around the outer reaches of the real world, a traveller with no home and no friends? sorry, got a bit carried away there ...

Shude, SWG? Star Wars Galaxies? (Google to the rescue!)

Flyer said:
I've not read the whole thread; is there a happy ending? Does he get back with the girl? Does he get with the ghostly girl? Is he banished from the online world, left to roam lonely around the outer reaches of the real world, a traveller with no home and no friends? sorry, got a bit carried away there ...

No, I've not read it all either, but the guy seems to still be claiming it wasn't him, and he's still threatens to sue everyone over it! Trouble is, 1000's of people have made up there own minds and all say it's obvious he was caught red handed, and with his pants down! :D It's his own fault, if he'd just admitted it, held his hands up, it probably wouldn't have exploded all across the internet as it has. One post says he's mid thirties which surprised me! From the language I thought he was a young teenager! There is a real life photo of him in there somewhere too, he's getting as famous as that Canadian star wars kid with the light sabre!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom