Intrigued by an orange triangle in door mirror - CLS class

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bladgb

Car
Viano 3.0 CDI Ambiente Extra Long
Followed a very nice looking CLS class this morning on the school run - 63 plate.

In the traffic I noticed an orange triangle appear in each of his door mirrors to lower outer corner when stopped/low speed, these disappeared as he picked up speed.

I couldn't work out what the function was - just intrigued to know!

Yep, Blind Spot Assist. Or Active Blind Spot Assist...

If the driver ignores the warning and inadvertently strays into the lane, the ESP will intervene, brake the wheels on the opposite side which creates a yaw effect to bring the car back into its lane.

It's the car telling you that you are about to be overtaken and that you should put your foot down.

It's the Mercedes way.

It's the car telling you that you are about to be overtaken and that you should put your foot down.

It's the Mercedes way.

Rashman, I presume your CLK63 does not have this feature as it would serve no purpose?

More seriously I have this on my ML. I have the 'active' version which doesn't just bleep it puts you back in lane. Very impressive. Sometimes annoying when I indicate when I know someone is just coming past me and it beeps to tell me .

Also, have the option that watches the white lines, and if you drift over a solid one, it puts you back in lane.

But most impressive of all, is the speed limit reading camera, which reads the signs on the road (doesn't use the comand map) and displays that briefly on the cluster and permanently on the map. It can read overhead gantries, hand-held signs etc !

Car also has the Distrionic plus, so not long before it will drive itself.

R

richard said:
More seriously I have this on my ML. I have the 'active' version which doesn't just bleep it puts you back in lane. Very impressive. Sometimes annoying when I indicate when I know someone is just coming past me and it beeps to tell me . Also, have the option that watches the white lines, and if you drift over a solid one, it puts you back in lane. But most impressive of all, is the speed limit reading camera, which reads the signs on the road (doesn't use the comand map) and displays that briefly on the cluster and permanently on the map. It can read overhead gantries, hand-held signs etc ! Car also has the Distrionic plus, so not long before it will drive itself. R

Epic!

can the above features be turned off temporarily?

This technology was adopted from the TV show Thunderbirds. It means that someone is either looking at the car or taking photos.

This technology was adopted from the TV show Thunderbirds. It means that someone is either looking at the car or taking photos.

When we first got Satnav (in 2000 CLK55) when it first told us to make a U turn my wife said "How do They know what we are doing".

It certainly feels like that sometimes !

R

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom