Introducing myself (and my 124 coupe)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bloodmoon

Car
C270 CDI Avantgarde
Hello all,

Recently acquired a 1990 300ce-24 and I am more than happy with it. You can see some pics of it in the members gallery, posted by Shude.

I will post some more pics myself when I get them from Shude's camera.

Anyway, will keep it short for now. Look forward to future postings.

--
Antony

Welcome Antony.

Nice Benz in the Gallery M8. Shude said you would give us more details?

Hi Brian.

Yes, all the pics of the car are currently sat on Shude's camera, so I will post a couple more as soon as I have them mailed to me.

However, it is a 1990 G-reg, 3ltr straight 6 24-valves. Grey leather interior, sportline suspension, switchable auto gearbox......

I have read on several www sites that the BHP of the 24-valve version is around 240, compared to 217 on the non-24 (12 valve?)

Can anybody confirm this?

--
Antony

Lovely car mate!:D

I think you'll find the fronts do sit slightly higher than at the rear on the coupe's - dunno why but all that I've seen seem to.

Looks like your first trip to the stealership will be for the pedal mods and some genuine mats huh?

BTW, how are the triangular rubber pieces in the door slam near the glass holding out? They do tend to disintegrate somewhat leading to wind noise at speed.

Last edited:
Originally posted by Sp!ke
I think you'll find the fronts do sit slightly higher than at the rear on the coupe's - dunno why but all that I've seen seem to.
Possible spring pad mod needed there, the spring pads are looking tatty anyway
Looks like your first trip to the stealership will be for the pedal mods and some genuine mats huh?
I can assist with the pedals mod :)
BTW, how are the triangular rubber pieces in the door slam near the glass holding out? They do tend to disintegrate somewhat leading to wind noise at speed.
They're in good shape, the only problem is the seat belt has worn it's way through the plastic loop thingy, just like yours! It has already been glued by the previous owner, I think some electrical tape or something is needed, why they didn't use metal in the first place I don't know...

Dont bother trying to fix it , I bought a new one the other day, its a five quid part, :D the only thing thats tricky is retentioning the 'spring back' belt anchors. I mastered it now, all you need is a couple of thin nails to hold the spring in place and the smaller of the socket things found in the tool roll to tention it with while you reassemble the anchor and voila, better than new. (still a frustrating task none the less)

Last edited:
Hi Sp!ke,

Thanks for your comments - I think the 124 coupe is a damn attractive car, and it is a real pleasure to drive.

Yes, genuine floor mats are probably next on the agenda.

Question for you (seeing as you have the same car):

I notice that there is no official Green Cotton air filter for the C124. The nearest I could find was the following:

R153659 W124 E Class E300 180hp '93-on (Round). Am I right in assuming this is the correct one?

--
Antony

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom