Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
At first, I assumed the tags for posts were randomly generated.

I suspect now, however, someone is altering them...

:D

The 37-year-old had dozens of convictions for burglary, robbery and theft, and once served an 18-month prison sentence for beating a man unconscious and leaving him looking “like a piece of meat”.

it seems Mr Cooke has done us all a favour.
It is a pity that he had to be put in this position though
Raymondo needed to be dealt with so that he stopped this malarkey
Has anyone seen the video of a caning in Singapore?

I wouldn't recommend watching it.
Ouch!
Maybe it would have saved his life.
It certainly would have hurt him more than it hurt us.

The 37-year-old had dozens of convictions for burglary, robbery and theft, and once served an 18-month prison sentence for beating a man unconscious and leaving him looking “like a piece of meat”.

Low life scum - he's dead and I'm happy.

It is still a life wasted.

And Vince Cooke could have done without having killed someone.

I don't know if a more punitive criminal justice system would have prevented it ever happening but it might be worth considering separating retribution and rehabilitation into more distinct phases when dealing with burglars and violent offenders.

It is still a life wasted.

And Vince Cooke could have done without having killed someone.

I don't know if a more punitive criminal justice system would have prevented it ever happening but it might be worth considering separating retribution and rehabilitation into more distinct phases when dealing with burglars and violent offenders.

He wasted his own life and affected countless others.

Low life scum - he's dead and I'm happy.

Last edited:
He wasted his own life and affected countless others.

He's a low life scum and I'm glad he's dead.

What about his children? They probably love him.

Shouldn't we try to save parents like this from themselves for their kids benefit?

What about his children? They probably love him.

Shouldn't we try to save parents like this from themselves for their kids benefit?

I suspect that this mans influence on his children was better served by his death.

At least now his kids wont grow up thinking that being a career criminal is such a rosy option.

Hopefully we have an educative system were his children grow up with a brain and realise he was a thieving scumbag (sorry Mark!:devil:) who, after countless crimes, came up against someone who was not just going to let him take what he wanted.

I am also sure Vince Cook could have done without having to defend his home and property that he probably spent the major portion of his waking hours supporting from some low life. I hope he is able to compartmentalise it within his mind and leave it in a metaphoric box which he occassionally takes out and examines - lets hope victim support offer proper counselling or he seeks it out himself eh?

Life IS hard enough for most people but you dont see them going around committing major crimes. Life on this planet will only continue to get harder as day by day the population booms, pressures grow imperceptably on the individual and governments alike. When everything these days has a price against it are we actually surprised when more and more people start to think and voice the "goodbye to bad rubbish" opinion?

my own opinion is one less oxygen waster and I wont lose any sleep over it wrangling my hands in angst over how we failed him as a society.

Didnt the stab wounds occur on the victims legs? If the guy wanted to kill him I think the stab wounds would have been more neck or chest related.
I read somewhere the family of the dead pond life toe-rag may sue for damages. I can just see them listing all the previous burglaries to determine a figure for loss of earnings. What a joke!!

I like to think I'm a level headed conscientious forgiving person, however, in light of the above my view remains the same.

There are two reasons for this and I'll briefly share them with you:

I've seen a member of my family suffer at the hands of low life's (albeit in entirely different circumstances) and it makes you hate anyone who falls into the same category. I know I'm generalising, which I try to avoid, but it's hard when you've been affected by some scumbag's action.

I get to see some career criminals on a weekly basis and while they are part of a rehabilitation programme some (but not all) of them talk openly about what they plan to do when they are out, and it's not joining the local choir. It's a way of life, an underworld, where even the local bobby across the street is "the enemy".

Am I tainted - yup, hence my view.

Didnt the stab wounds occur on the victims legs? If the guy wanted to kill him I think the stab wounds would have been more neck or chest related.

perhaps he did know what he was doing and figured going for the femoral was an easier target than the aorta.....but that's not the real point is it..he should not have to be defending himself in his own home..and to my mind that includes shooting them in the back, chasing them with a bit of 2 x 4, whatever (and yes, I realise its against the law:doh:)

lets hope victim support offer proper counselling or he seeks it out himself eh?

Strangely enough, there was a recent documentary on Horizon, I think it was, where part of it was focussed on the training of US Marines / Special Forces and how they go about training people to kill.

It used to be a case of instigating hatred and anger in one's mind but this led to all sorts of grief afterwards for them an innocent people.

So instead, they use a human's self-defence mechanism instead.

If action is taken with a thought process aimed at self-defence, a human can deal with, what is basically going against human nature i.e. killing, very well.

Hopefully he wont need any assistance in that area!

The bottom line here is, if society prevented this turd from committing crime, he might still be alive and not able to bring suffering to those he meets...

Speaking as someone that has never (knowingly) described another person as 'lowlife', 'pondlife' or 'scum', I don't really find these terms particularly useful.

Would someone care to explain which types of people they are intended to describe, and whether the idea is that anyone identified as being such a person is fair game for summary execution if caught in the act?

I suggested we make prison tougher and the punishment for burglary to possibly include caning. ( For their own good. )

Some would describe this as a kneejerk call for a brutal and punitive regime that ignores human rights.

Still, it isn't tough enough.
biggrin.gif

Here is a link to the Singaporean caning video. Ouch is putting it mildly. It is enough to make me think being stabbed in the legs and dying of blood loss is getting off lightly.

I do not recommend you watch it. It may not be suitable for work.LiveLeak.com - Caning in Singapore

eek.gif

Speaking as someone that has never (knowingly) described another person as 'lowlife', 'pondlife' or 'scum', I don't really find these terms particularly useful.

Would someone care to explain which types of people they are intended to describe, and whether the idea is that anyone identified as being such a person is fair game for summary execution if caught in the act?

Do you have a more succint description, easily understood by all?

Obviously anyone identifed as such isn't fair game for summary execution - that's just plain silly.

The boys that bullied my vulnerable son in a selective, targeted, despicable way are scum in my eyes, but are obviously not fair game for summary execution

Last edited:
yep

We have a problem with re-offending. I think that the justice system should be there to make the country run more peaceably. Which means punishment, cure and keeping nutters off the streets.

I linked to the Singapore video as an example of the extremity of some possible punishments. I don't like it. It is too extreme. But I do think we should make it clear that breaking the law has consequences.

I think we should be clear which part of a sentence is punishment and which concerned with rehabilitation, mixing the two into one institution doesn't seem to be working.

I am open to suggestions how we could put serious pressure on criminals, enough that they think twice, and how we might avoid them having so few options when released.

We have a failed justice system if we end up thinking it is a good thing that someone ends up as a dead body on a doorstep.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom