Inventions. What do you take for granted?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ringway

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
2017 Audi RS6 Avant Performance Edition. Range Rover Supercharged - Lovely!
I often marvel at the art of invention.

There are so many things we use on a daily basis that we take for granted.

One of the things that set my mind whirring is the development of the internal combustion engine.

Most of us have even a small idea of how an engine works but how many of us (even with the modern-day techniques etc, at our disposal) could develop just a basic engine from scratch with no clues from existing designs? Not many I would say.

Remember, the original innovators had to develop from scratch.

So, what do you marvel at?

Sat nav.

How long would it take to get anywhere without it?

I used to carry so many maps.

Every time I get in my car I quietly thank the inventor of the wheel:)

I've said for quite a while and no one will ever convince me otherwise that the most significant and truly amazing invention of the 20th century was the cell phone. Just look at them now. Camera's and media centres included in a truly global communication system you can hold in one hand. Truly incredible.

The thing that counts how many people are watching/listening to something on the TV/Radio.

Wristwatches
Integrated Circuit chips
Digital storage
Micro engineering involving biotechnology
People that can cook noodles in a wok without them sticking and turning to gluey string.

I've said for quite a while and no one will ever convince me otherwise that the most significant and truly amazing invention of the 20th century was the cell phone. Just look at them now. Camera's and media centres included in a truly global communication system you can hold in one hand. Truly incredible.

Possibly the solid state transistor was of greater impact. I find it hard to imagine a valve powered gps:)

Boobs. Forgot that one.

Boobs. Forgot that one.

Boobs - never invented, only discovered.

Us men try to get our own and fail miserably.

Mp3 players. How they condense it all into something the size of a fag packet is impressive

Mp3 players. How they condense it all into something the size of a fag packet is impressive

They just take out all the music :)

No, you would be thinner and have more money.

I'd be emotionally broken, I am already thinking about breakfast and what the canteen will have for my lunch.

Boobs - never invented, only discovered.

Us men try to get our own and fail miserably.

not if you eat food like me, boobies are an unwelcome side product of massive portions.....

The controlled fermentation of grapes and grain and distillation.

By far the greatest wonder of them all is

Mother Nature

Curry!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom